Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubuntu Server Media - Xbox

Options
  • 07-10-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I've been trying to setup a ubuntu (9.04) box to stream video and audio to my xbox for a couple of months now. I've tried using fuppes, mediatomb and ushare as the upnp media server on ubuntu all without success. There are a number of tutorials online but none have worked for me.

Does anyone have any experience with this? and could offer a few pointers?
    There someone can help I will post the specific problems I'm having.

One specific question I have now is will the xbox detect more than one upnp device on the network simultaneously? It detects my vista PC (because I have media sharing turned on) but will it also detect the ubuntu box (provided it's configured correctly) and show both devices in the Video library section of the xbox dashboard?

Thanks for taking the time to read through this.

Advertisement