Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 iPhone 3GS Warning - Existing customer?

Options
  • 07-10-2009 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

I bought a 3GS on O2 speakeasy last week. Moving over from Meteor to O2. I was told at the time that by moving my number to O2 that i'd get 50 euro call credit.

However, because i was on O2 four years ago, i was classed as an existing customer and only given 5 euro credit. I even mentioned that i was a prior customer in store before i bought it and they said it would be ok.

I called up and asked for a manager and they said there was nothing they could do. So i told them i'd just move back to Meteor at the end of the month and they didn't care. They gained and lost a customer in 1 day...

Thank god i have an unlockable 3GS!

Beware anyone thinking of getting an iPhone if they were previously a O2 customer! This is the shoddiest treatment i've every seen from a network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Done the same with me, tried to not give me the registration credit. I just ported over to vodafone and unlocked it. o2 just treat their customers like sh$t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

couldn't agree more, terrible crowd to deal with, I'd never use them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭time42play

Like you I thought I'd get the full credit but was only given 5 euro. I've a 3gs on speakeasy as well, by unlockable do you mean the jailbreak/unlock instructions in another post on this forum? Both Vodafone and Meteor have good signals where I live so I wouldn't miss O2 at all since theirs is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

time42play wrote: »
    Like you I thought I'd get the full credit but was only given 5 euro. I've a 3gs on speakeasy as well, by unlockable do you mean the jailbreak/unlock instructions in another post on this forum? Both Vodafone and Meteor have good signals where I live so I wouldn't miss O2 at all since theirs is crap.

I used the pwnage tool to unlock it yes. I followed the dev-teams instructions. Hopefully you haven't upgraded to 3.1 and you'll still be able to upgrade.

If you upgraded then hopefully geohot will release an unlock for 3.1 but they might not be able to remove the carrier (O2) lock... yet anyway.

If you don't have 3.1 then don't upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭time42play

Thanks! Still on 3.0 I think, will go check.

• Advertisement
Advertisement