Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House already wired for House alarm

Options
  • 07-10-2009 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am just wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to get a house alarm fitted for a 3 bedroom semi detached house. The house is already wired for a house alarm. I have just moved into the house and it seems the previous owners removed the alarm box inside the house for some reason so there are wires are still hanging there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭altor

I am just wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to get a house alarm fitted for a 3 bedroom semi detached house. The house is already wired for a house alarm. I have just moved into the house and it seems the previous owners removed the alarm box inside the house for some reason so there are wires are still hanging there.

Hi getinthegoal,
    You would need to get the cables checked to make sure the cables are not faulty before getting an alarm fitted. Did the previous owner take the sensors off the windows and doors too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Funch o' Bucks

Are you sure that the previous owner just didnt bother getting the alarm installed when they owned the house????
    Would seem strange to remove the alarm panel when moving house OP.

I recently got an alarm fitted in a new 3bed semi, already wired of course so for the alarm panel and the sensors for windows and doors and also infra red sensors (x3) i paid around €450* i think.

*startin to doubt my price, ill confirm tomorrow OP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭altor

Are you sure that the previous owner just didnt bother getting the alarm installed when they owned the house????
    Would seem strange to remove the alarm panel when moving house OP.

It could of been a self installed system and they decided to bring it with them :)

I recently got an alarm fitted in a new 3bed semi, already wired of course so for the alarm panel and the sensors for windows and doors and also infra red sensors (x3) i paid around €450* i think.

You must only have contacts on your windows since you need 3 beams in the house. Shock sensors would be better as they activate if someone takes out your glass without opening the window.
    *startin to doubt my price, ill confirm tomorrow OP

Very cheap price €450 but if you only have contacts on the windows thats why..

Advertisement