Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong female vocalist for part time band

Options
  • 07-10-2009 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello all,

Well its been a few years since I gigged on the pub scene, I do miss those loud Saturday nights in Templebar, and also the more sedate wedding ceremony gigs

I'm looking to join a mature existing or partly formed band that do covers in the pub scene in Dublin on a part time basis say one gig a week or more at festive times. Perhaps theres some session players out there looking to get into live gigs again...I'm not interested in commuting outside of Dublin to be honest either

I'd also be interested in playing small acoustic gigs with a pianist or guitarist for the more mellow gigs such as weddings and Sunday afternoon gigs as this is where I first got my initial experience many moons ago

Anyway, I have a pretty good range, strong, bluesy but controlled and previous set songs included:
    (this ain't an exhaustive list!)
    Joni Mitchell
    Janis Joplin
    Aretha
    White Stripes
    Annie Lennox
    Tina
    Sheryl Crow
    Tommy Tucker
    Rolling Stones
    Eva cassidy

I can look the part,am 30 years old, have good stage presence and above all am easy to get along with- that doesn't mean I want to be in a band with any primadonnas, womanisers and ego maniacs :) *that rules out a lot i know haha

I'd be able to commit in the New Year so if you have a lead singer thinking of emmigrating or something simular. I can work on a set list and audition in the meantime

cheers
    nic
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DOeZer

hello there...

your post looks interesting! we're a band, currently gigging in west dublin mostly. where you living? your range and influences sounds quite similar to what we do. heres our site..
    www.myspace.com/thegroovediggers1

to be honest we have a singer, but she is not into singing all the time and we'd all like if we had a dep to call on as needed. so there could well be a pub gig once a week or fortnite out of it... and function work too.

let me know if ure interested!!
    cheers
    domhnall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shira

Hi Domhnaill I am a dep or session singer too. Looking for some gigs. I have been on the scene for years and have been with The Love Band, The Jukebox Heros, Jagged Edge, The Uptown Band, and more. Ive also gigged abroad for the past 2 years. If you are interested please get intouch.

To the lady who posted this, I wonder if you would be interesed in being my dep for a pian duo I have. Have a regular slot at the raddisson hotel.

Advertisement