Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Electric Shower in ensuite bathroom

Options
  • 07-10-2009 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am looking to install an electric shower in my en suite bathroom. At the moment the shower is coming off the main water supply.
    I am wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost (Labour and materials)? Also does someone know of any good electricians/plumbers around the Kildare area

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Triton T90 which is tank fed and heats the water

300 for shower and 350 for fitting.

Triton T90 which is mains fed and heats the water

200 for shower and 350 for fitting

Note: The T80 is not rec for use in Kildare due to poor water pressure. Ask triton. You may need to fit a T450I booster pump to bring the pressure up later,

All prices are estimated based on what I roughly charged when doing it. There is no margin in showers for installers to buy them so your best bet is to pick one up in a dublin woodies outlet which is actually the cheapest at the moment.

ps do you currently have an electric shower or is it a manual shower on the bath. If you have an electrci shower anywhere else its prob more work will need to be done and generally 2 electric showers cannot be used at the same time. A survey will be required to advise.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

there is a list of people here from boards one or two from the kildare area.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055495418

if possible try to get a 45 amp cooker type switch for the shower, most pullcord switches are 40 amp and can give trouble with over heating and bad connections due to the switch moving about a bit when people tug at the cord.

showers have gone up in KW rating latelty, so a 10 sq T&E cable with a 45amp switch is the way to go for an instllation that you wont need to return to to upgrade the cable or change the switch if and when is gives issue.

Advertisement