Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Places for civil ceromony

• 06-10-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

We have our wedding booked for June 2010 in the sands hotel in north county Dublin and as i have been married before we are looking for somewhere other then the hotel to have the civil ceromony as the room for the ceromony only holds 40. Please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dublin zoo and then photos in the Phoenix Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Hi,

Ardgillan Castle now do civil ceremonies afaik. Seen a girl posting on it somewhere in here about getting married. I'd say its a beautiful place to get married with lovely views and great opportunity to get some nice pics.

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

that were meself! :p
    We got married in Ardgillan in May - we had 40 at the civil ceremony. Ardgillan will only really hold this amount, as although it is a 'castle' it is made up of several smaller rooms. We got married in the drawing room, the library holds about half as many guests. So it may not be suitable for your needs, but it absolutely was gorgeous, and great timewise as we weren't rushing around afterwards for photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Clontarf Castle. Their website says they do civil ceremonies

http://www.clontarfcastle.ie/weddings/civil_ceremonies.1145.LE.asp

Whilst Clontarf Castle is lovely, its seems a bit strage to me that OP would go to one hotel for civil ceremony and then to another hotel (The Sands) for the reception:confused:

I think OP is looking for alternative venues to hotels for civil ceremony, rather than another hotel venue.

OP - what about looking on OPW or Fingal or similar websites and looking at 'public buildings' - perhaps stately home (similar to Ardgillan but with capacity for a larger wedding party). Don't be put off because they have not had a wedding there before - Ardgillan had never had a ceremony there and I just arranged for the paperwork (which you will have to do anyway). Sometimes it may not be that they 'don't' do them, but just that they had not considered it?? always worth a try. Newbridge House in Donabate maybe?

• Advertisement

sorry, just had to add.....
    had a quick look at Clontarf Castle website - from €13 per person for civil cermonies with a minimum no of 50 guests!! WTF!!!! talk about rubbing it in! that is a minimum of €650 for the civil ceremony! Can't belive that! Many hotels are throwing this in as a sweetener on the package - my mates is inc with all the decor etc. I know jurys are also including the civil ceremony facility with decor.
    Can't believe how some hotels rub it in.....no wonder the hotel industry is taking a knock! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 reggie10

Thanks to all for the replys. We booked Ardgillan for the ceremony as it is just about big enough.....thanks again

Whilst Clontarf Castle is lovely, its seems a bit strage to me that OP would go to one hotel for civil ceremony and then to another hotel (The Sands) for the reception:confused:

I think OP is looking for alternative venues to hotels for civil ceremony, rather than another hotel venue.

:o sorry I didn't read the post correctly

sorry, just had to add.....
    had a quick look at Clontarf Castle website - from €13 per person for civil cermonies with a minimum no of 50 guests!! WTF!!!! talk about rubbing it in! that is a minimum of €650 for the civil ceremony! Can't belive that! Many hotels are throwing this in as a sweetener on the package - my mates is inc with all the decor etc. I know jurys are also including the civil ceremony facility with decor.
    Can't believe how some hotels rub it in.....no wonder the hotel industry is taking a knock! :rolleyes:
    +1
    couldn't agree more

reggie10 wrote: »
    Thanks to all for the replys. We booked Ardgillan for the ceremony as it is just about big enough.....thanks again
    you will have a wonderful day in a wonderful setting - our photos were absolutely fab, and it felt really special and personal - more so than I think it would have been in a church. One of the best decisions we made was in choosing ardgillan (except for the actual choice to get married of course! LOL)

• Advertisement
Advertisement