Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattooed cat

Options
  • 06-10-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

http://balkanpix.com/?s=3&i=143

just read this on the animal and pets forum, don't know if you guys have seen it before.

it makes me feel physically sick that someone would do that to their cat. imagine the pain it would be feeling when it woke up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

Oh jesus I had seen this picture briefly somehere I thought it was fake ....eeek poor flippin cat ....on a lighter note though I dont think many tattoo artists here would be queuing up to Tattoo cats....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Seen it before, thought it was pretty cool, who are you to tell someone what they can and cant do to their own pet
    Laws against animal cruelty?
    QOTSA90 wrote: »
    But seriously, sooner or later someone is gonna turn up and argue that, for example, declawing a cat is a more extreme and vain thing to do, because it leaves them almost completely defenseless.. as opposed to a cool chest piece lol
    De-clawing is inhumane because it involves cutting their toe off at the first knuckle (i.e. imagine someone cutting your nails by chopping off the entire top of each of your fingers).

The tattoo isn't even that great, the face looks like some snot nosed almost cross eyed idiot.
    The face on the mask looks like this:
    masks2.jpg
    not this
    pic_906_600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's f**kin barbaric. :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

IrishHalo - I didnt say declawing was a good thing, I just think in this case its a case of double standards. People can have their cat declawed for their own protection, yet leave the cat in the wild and it will have little or no chance at survival. Whereas the cat with a tattoo will be hampered how? Maybe it wont find a partner as easily because of the strange marks on its chest, but it wont go hungry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nobody said the cat would be hampered.

It's cruel to put a cat through the pain of getting a tattoo done, as the animal cannot make the choice, cannot say no, and cannot say stop.

If you cannot see that, then I hope that you never have a pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

wow, i obviously missed a lot here! kinda missed out on the argument but all i'm saying is that i think tattooing that cat is fcuking horrible. i can't handle the pain of tattoos half the time so imagine what it's like for a cat that didn't even have a choice in the matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I dont the attraction for people!! Pets are for companionship not for a show piece! This is disgusting. Poor little thing :( The owner and artist are obviously known now and i strongly feel that they should be reprimanded made an example of.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

:mad: I saw this picture on google images before and just assumed (and hoped) it was fake and photoshopped. Seriously makes me sick that anybody would inflict that on an animal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Chitterchatter

B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S! WHY anybody would want to do that to their or somebody else's cat is beyond me. The ''artist'' should be hung!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

unfortunately its a bit more common to do on pigs as they have more suitable skin apparently
    http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/when-tattoos-and-art-go-to-the-hogs-pig-tattooing/art
    and unfortunately the artist involved is belgian,so its getting closer to home:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

triple-M wrote: »
    unfortunately its a bit more common to do on pigs as they have more suitable skin apparently
    http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/when-tattoos-and-art-go-to-the-hogs-pig-tattooing/art
    and unfortunately the artist involved is belgian,so its getting closer to home:(:(

that's sick.....

i understand that pig skin is very similar to human skin and that's why it's used to practice tattooing, but that's usually on a dead pig! that's fcuking horrible

Advertisement