Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AnyDVD and network share problem...

Options
  • 06-10-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

If anyone has any ideas to help fix this then please let me know.
    It's driving me crazy!!

Here's the situation.
    I have a media player connect to my network and I have a laptop connected as well.
    The DVD drive on the laptop is shared across the network so that my media player can access it.
    this worked without any problems. The media player can access the files on the DVD and play them BUT it'll only work if the DVD has no encryption on it.

So, I got AnyDVD and installed that on my laptop. Now when I try access the DVD drive through my media player it asks for a username/password but no matter what I enter it says permission denied. I've tried my normal user, guest and the admin accounts, and even tried creating a specific account and trying that. The strange thing is, I can still access all the normal shared folders. So the only problem is the DVD drive which just had anyDVD installed.

If I turn anyDVD off, then I still have the same problem.
    However, if I completely uninstall anydvd then the problem goes away but then I can't play encrypted files!

running windows xp!

I didn't say it was going to be easy!
    anyone?

Advertisement