Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white ink over black ink

Options
  • 06-10-2009 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I have a tattoo of thai writing on my wrist. I like the tattoo so I don't want to completely cover it but I want to lighten it. I have an office job and I deal with senior management alot and I feel very aware that the tattoo is there everytime I'm in a meeting.

Is it possible to use white ink over black ink to lighten or cover a tattoo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

I dont think it would be a good idea to lighten it ....if you dont want to remove why dont you try a camoflage makeup I have no experience with them but its worth a try ...I would say a good beautitian could help or a dermatologist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i don't think so, you could use make up or bracelets etc which will cover it without the need for more needles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Short answer as far as I know is no. The black will always 'shine' through and you run the risk of it being patchy, as the black ink is always darker than the white ink (funnily enough!) :D

Make up or chunky bracelets are the way forward, as the guys said :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You can lighten a black tattoo with white ink but the results may not be the best.

Get good artist with a light hand to do it to minimise scarring.

Advertisement