Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best driving school by pass rate

Options
  • 06-10-2009 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi all. Looking for some help. I have applied for my driving test (€75, feck!) and want to find a driving school which can give me a crash course in the weeks leading up to my test.

I haven't been driving for a while, but feel that I could get test ready in two weeks by having intensive lessons. What do people think about this.

I don't have a car of my own and live in Dublin (parents in Cork), so don't have a car to practice on. I need the lessons. I'm not insured on the home car anymore either. This isn't a problem, is it?

So basically I'm looking for high pass rate driving schools.

Thanks,

Hal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,957 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Zoodlebop wrote: »
    can give me a crash course
    Interesting choice of words! :eek:
    Zoodlebop wrote:
    I could get test ready in two weeks by having intensive lessons. What do people think about this.
    I think you appear to be more interested in passing a test than learning to drive.
    Zoodlebop wrote:
    I'm looking for high pass rate driving schools.
    Like donegalfella, I wouldn't believe a word any instructor says about their pass rates. These are the same instructors who regularly tell their pupils that they got a nasty examiner etc. when they are unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭brian076

As previous posters have said don't go by pass rates that you see advertised, the best way to find an instructor is by word of mouth, do you know anyone who's done the test recently? However even going this route may not guarantee success, as you may not be as comfortable with the same instructor as someone else.

Whatever you do make sure you use an ADI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

ok i would like to say, never judge your driving school by pass rates

simple reason all people are different and learning abilities and so on

although i do have a good recommendation from a well knowing driving school for the whole of ireland.

my instructor even said to me
    Any school that claims they have a 95% pass rate can suck my balls

and this instructor got me a brilliant pass and is a very well spoken gentleman :)

pm me for details :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

The best Driving Instructors are the ones that people recommend even when they have failed the test.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭paddyland

I worked for one of those '99%' driving schools for a few weeks earlier this year. The emphasis was not on passing pupils, the emphasis was very firmly on booking them in for far more lessons than they needed.

To hell with the big brand driving schools. Take my advice and go for an independent instructor with his own car, preferably by recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭rsom

paddyland wrote: »
    I worked for one of those '99%' driving schools for a few weeks earlier this year. The emphasis was not on passing pupils, the emphasis was very firmly on booking them in for far more lessons than they needed.

To hell with the big brand driving schools. Take my advice and go for an independent instructor with his own car, preferably by recommendation.

Or even HER own car!

Advertisement