Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Anniversary Gift Ideas

Options
  • 06-10-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi there,

I could really do with some ideas on what to get my OH for our 1st anniversary...He says it doesn't matter, but as it's our first year together I'd really like to get him something special because he is soooo amazing and sweet in every way! :D I've racked my brains for all the usual but unfortunately he has a huge music collection, isn't into jewellary or sporting equipment and as I'm graduating the day of it we're going out for dinner anyways! Any ideas would be really appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Hi - Your first anniversary is symbolised by paper - so maybe a gift based on the paper idea - some suggestions -

A book of love poems or a love poem written by yourself on the first page of a nice bound journal or sketchbook
    Some vouchers - Write out a voucher for a massage or for a dinner out or for whatever gift of your time and/or talents you can give.
    A ticket - for a concert/show etc
    A letter - write him a love letter
    Newspaper - Front page of the Irish Times of the day you got married
    Photograph - A framed photo of you too

Anyway - just a few ideas to get the ball rolling - anything made from paper that would be personal to him (and you) - and maybe get a personalised card made with his name and date of anniversary etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lynzul86

Hey Purple Beach,

Thanks so much for the ideas :) ...I love the idea about the diary I think it's something he could actually really like and use! And the photo frame idea is uber sweet too...now all I have to do is try and find a cute picture of the two of us together to put in it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Glad I could help - enjoy your anniversary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 alex22

What did you use to do when you started dating? Maybe you went for a weekend abroad or down the country to a special place? If not expensive maybe you can repeat the experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

For our 1st anniversary, I got my OH a book on folding paper aeroplanes, and a stack of paper, which turned out to be really fun! We made tons of paper planes and raced them...
    Perhaps tickets for a fave band/movies etc (tickets being made of paper? )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tyson H

Candy, jewelry, gift certificates can be given as anniversary gift ideas. A great gift idea for any anniversary is a personalized poetry gift framed in silver for a couples twenty fifth or gold for a couples fiftieth. Anniversary poems can be personalized for any wedding year and can be framed in a variety of ways.

Advertisement