Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragus

Options
  • 06-10-2009 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

I know this has prolly been posted before.
    But here it goes.

Got my tragus done end of aug.
    All went fine... cleaned twice a day with salt water.
    There was always a small redish "bubble" round it.
    But now its got out of hand, its not bigger.
    Its not sore and no yucky stuff coming out of it.
    Still using salt water.
    I don't think its infected as its not sore or oozing.
    Really don't want to take it out :(
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I always found tea tree oil was great for bothersome piercings, will shall also have some tips,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i've never used tea tree oil but if you are intent on using it dilute it with water.

could be scarring, could just be a spot that won't go away. impossible to tell without lookin at it.

have you been ill recently? there's so many variables tbh jewellery type, placement, poor health.

salt soaks or steams work wonders, as does chamomile tea bags on the piercing itself (my new fav method)

go into a studio and get the piercers to have a look. im not sure where you said you got it done, well i think i remember but im not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

You should go back to the piercer to have a look ...you can't really go too far wrong with salt water soaks but try doing it for long periods and while the water is warm...maybe a change of jewellry would help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Thanks everyone.
    Got it done in wildcat in the green, will try pop over.
    I might try the steam method.

Where would I get chamomile tea bags??

Tbh anytime I get a piercing something goes wrong!!!
    I want another but now Im really put off:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got them on most if not all of my cartilage piercings, so it's nothing to worry about. Tea tree done the job for me but literally use 1 drop in your SSS because it very strong stuff. Chamomile tea works gerat aswell, you can probably get it in supermarkets or health stores. Also sudocrem worked for me aswell, but its messy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

I was in the same boat as you not too long ago.
    Have a look at the pics below - they are my before and after ;)
    The before is a few weeks ago, the after is today.

My secret? I left it the hell alone :o
    Didn't realise how much I was messing with it until I forced myself not to.
    The chamomile cools it nicely. Soak it twice a day, rinse it well after washing your hair, and try not to get makeup near it.

Hope it heals well for you :)

Before:

Before.jpg

After:

after.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Ill defo try out the tea.

Thanks fii.. thats exactly how mine looks but red bubble is kinda bigger, prolly as im messing with it.

I feel hopeful now, thanks everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kitty k

You could try boosting your immune system ...I usually find my piercings suffer the most when I am run down ..try zinc!

Advertisement