Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Aerospace updates ?

Options
  • 06-10-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi anyone know when Dublin Aerospace will start operations.
    I have applied for a position through there website and don't think
    if it's wise to be off on a contract when there doing interviews.
    So am sitting at home with no info going crazy.
    Any advise or rumors about the company would be real helpful.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

J-W wrote: »
    Hi anyone know when Dublin Aerospace will start operations.
    I have applied for a position through there website and don't think
    if it's wise to be off on a contract when there doing interviews.
    So am sitting at home with no info going crazy.
    Any advise or rumors about the company would be real helpful.
    Thanks.

Just keep an eye on the IAA website, they need to get their P145 before they start operations.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

From what i hear, they are still quite some way away from having the first Check being done there...I'd say you would be safe headin off for a bit of connying in the mean time! Just keep your mobile on at all times. Have to keep the bills payed so follow the money trail wherever u can!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Thanks guys good advise all round.
    Had a look on the IAA website no sign of them having or getting there 145 but I'll keep an eye on it.Was glad to see they have improved the site it used to be a nightmare to navigate.
    So I guess It's back connying for awhile, am really looking to settle back home sometime soon.

Was just on the Dublin aerospace site and it says :

"We currently hold approvals from many authorities including EASA Part-145, FAA CFR-145, EASA Part-21, EASA Part-147, JAA JAR-147 and CAAC Part-147."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

I think I said it before, the website is aspirational rather than realistic. Those approvals are probably SR technics, which they're hoping to take over.

Perhaps an email to one of the names on the site, might clarify matters.

• Advertisement

Well Conor McCarthy said himself at the opening that they were still waiting on approvals.

I presume they have to hire some C licence guys and B1's B2's with types on the aircraft they want to work before the IAA grant approvals?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Celtic Mech

FOGOFUNK wrote: »
    Well Conor McCarthy said himself at the opening that they were still waiting on approvals.

I presume they have to hire some C licence guys and B1's B2's with types on the aircraft they want to work before the IAA grant approvals?

Either that or in seeking their 145 approval, they have to produce an MOE that shows the IAA this is how they are going to comply with PART 145....i.e. in 145 it says there must be a ratio of B1/B2 certifying staff within the organisation and also Cat C to issue Final CRS. There will most likely be very few B1/B2 guys in the place. If its only 1 hangar initially, in theory he only needs 1 Cat C guy. The rest of the staff will be just regular mechs on low wages from what i have heard. Nowhere near the norm. A figure of approx 25k is mentioned for the regular Mechs... Now if your certifying B1/B2 im not too sure on the wages. I would imagine it will be run very similar to SNN Aerospace. Very few B1/B2...majority of staff in the place stamping would be doing so under company approvals...i.e. something like zonal approval for certain set area/systems only.

The are currently seeking PART 147 approval from the IAA. Its still in the process but should be granted in near future.

Feel DiverDrver is on the money with there website being " aspirational rather than realistic" since there going on about there standards and quality and they haven't even had a plane in.
    I did E-mail Liam Boland head of base maint he was all positive but no definitive answers.
    Had a mate try to set up a small company and the MOE was the biggest difficulty but feel the government will be putting a rush on the IAA ,with all it's promises to ex SRT lads and the media.
    I have the B1 and A320 type and know shannon aerospace style there wont be a lot of positions for Engineers and the money will be brutal ,just want to get back to living in Ireland it's all a bit **** really.

Dublin Aerospace Ltd. Approval No. IE.145.062
    Hanger 5
    Dublin Airport
    Co. Dublin
    Tel: 01 8126248

Ratings: A1, B3, C7 and C14

IAA website today,might get the ball rolling.

Thats good news, I still havnt heard back from them yet.

Its still a long way from SRT approvals:

Ratings : A1, B1, B3, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9, C12, C13, C14, C15, C17, C18, C19, D1.

Working with bicycles isnt as good as aircraft :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement