Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 106 Tito Vs Coleman Off?

Options
  • 06-10-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Tito Ortiz Tweets That Mark Coleman Pulled Out of UFC 106
    Coleman, Coleman, Coleman, too bad he sissies out!!! Who's next??? I'm kicking someone's ass on Nov 21st!

Linky:
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/10/6/1072257/tito-ortiz-tweets-that-mark

I wasn't looking forward to that fight anyway, hopefully Rashad will step up now. It would be a good rematch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I don't see what possible sense a rematch with Rashad would make. Tito is coming off a long term injury and is not considered (currently) as a challenger to a title fight, whereas a good win or 2 over top ranked opponents could put Rashad back into automatic contention.

If Rashad does fight tito, and destroys him, would he be any closer to a title fight? I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think a rematch with Forrest is well warranted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

ah crap , i was looking forward to seeing this fight.I think COleman could have caused Tito some problems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Let get put the dean of mean in there with Tito

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Not impressed. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

“Ultimate Fighter” season ten star, Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson has offered to step into the breach and take on “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Tito Ortiz at UFC 106 on November 21st in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Posting via his Twitter page, “Kimbo” said:

“**** I'll take on tito Ortiz”

“Kimbo” has no doubt been angered by the recent comments made by Ortiz who told fans at a recent Q & A session that the former street fighter would get found out on the reality show and not to believe the hype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

“Ultimate Fighter” season ten star, Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson has offered to step into the breach and take on “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Tito Ortiz at UFC 106 on November 21st in Las Vegas, Nevada.

“Kimbo” has no doubt been angered by the recent comments made by Ortiz who told fans at a recent Q & A session that the former street fighter would get found out on the reality show and not to believe the hype.

Can't see this being a starter for UFC 106. UFC/Dana already said kimbo will fight on TUF finale card. Apart from that TUF series will not be finished, so the UFC will not let kimbo fight before it finishes as they will probably do the whole "Kimbo might step in for injured fighter...." nonsense right up until the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Devastator wrote: »
    Can't see this being a starter for UFC 106. UFC/Dana already said kimbo will fight on TUF finale card. Apart from that TUF series will not be finished, so the UFC will not let kimbo fight before it finishes as they will probably do the whole "Kimbo might step in for injured fighter...." nonsense right up until the end.

I thought the same and I dont think Kimbo could make the cut down to 205.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I thought the same and I dont think Kimbo could make the cut down to 205.
    And even with 18 months of ring rust for Tito id still see Kimbo being taken down & GnP'd into oblivion.
    People can say what they want about Tito but anyone who believes he doesnt have one of the most vicious Ground n Pounds is only fooling themselves.Oh the elbows and forearms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Roy Nelson showed that you dont need vicious gnp to take out kimbo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Kimbo” has no doubt been angered by the recent comments made by Ortiz who told fans at a recent Q & A session that the former street fighter would get found out on the reality show and not to believe the hype.
    Why be angered by the truth, he was taken out in his first fight, only kimbo and youtube fans thought he'd actually win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I think Tito V Hendo would be a great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Tito vs Henderson would be an awesome fight. I'd also like to see Tito and Franklin fight.

dunkamania wrote: »
    Roy Nelson showed that you dont need vicious gnp to take out kimbo
    Which is why I added "into oblivion" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Tito V Hendo would be amazing fight. Is Dan scheduled to fight soon, maybe this could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

T-K-O wrote: »
    Tito V Hendo would be amazing fight. Is Dan scheduled to fight soon, maybe this could happen.

Hendo currently has currently contract issues with the UFC so isn't scheduled to fight anybody. It could happen if his fight with Nate doesn't get signed. If he choses not to fight Nate then its a real possibility I'd say as Belfort V Silva seems nailed on, so who does that leave for Hendo? Most of the big name LHW's are booked up and I believe at this stage he should only be fighting Nate or Silva at MW. So if Hendo wants to stay with the UFC then he might have to do Dana a favour and take on Tito

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

It would be a good fight for him, monetairily speaking, he has never been a draw for the UFC, whereas Tito has always done good numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

The good thing about Tito is that he presents many potentially exciting fights although not with Coleman. I'm actually glad it's cancelled because now we might see a more competitive fight. Jardine would be a great option.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DryCleanOnly

calex71 wrote: »
    I think a rematch with Forrest is well warranted.
    Looks like Dana agrees with you :D

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/10/8/1077390/report-tito-ortiz-vs-forrest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Jesus , Forrest V tito 2, is a great match up. Forrest needs this win even more than Tito.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Great match! Tito beat him before and will beat him again.

I'm picking Tito :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yikes I should be careful what I wish for :D

Totally agree Forest needs this a hell of a lot more than Tito, can it live up to the last Fight ????

Much as I hate to say it , I do fancy Tito if he shakes the ring rust, if it's even a factor for him :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

REDEMPTION - TITO V FORREST 2

If it seems like im overloading you guys with articles from MMAbay recently sorry but i thought this article was really good and well worth a look

http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%2003012.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 greendiesel

Forrest by UD

Advertisement