Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pace a microwave on a fridge freezer

Options
  • 06-10-2009 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi,

Quick question. Would it be okay to use a microwave that is placed on top of a standalone fridge freezer. Would there be any problems doing this?

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I can't see how it would cause a problem. The important thing with a microwave is that the vents aren't blocked and that there's room for air to circulate around it.
    The only thing that would worry me would be if it was at a height that would be likely to cause problems with hot foods being lifted out and possibly spilling on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Depends of height of fridge freezer? I was going to do the same with ours but it was too high, just above eye level, so you couldn't see what was going on and risked spilling hot stuff all down youself while you were removing stuff from the microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭stevensi

No it's not one of the higher type fridges. So spilling hot food won't be a problem. I'll give it a go but will keep an eye on it. My only thought was that the heat from the microwave could do some damage to the fridge...thanks for the replies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

nah it will be grand, I have had a microwave on my fridge for the last 6 years with no problems whatsoever

Advertisement