Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of Ceann Comhairle John O'Donoghue and the fact that he's still i

Options
  • 06-10-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Why the hell is John O'Donoghue STILL in his bloddy job as Ceann Comhairle? Why is it that he is still in a job when ANYONE in the private sector who did what he did and who wasted the money that he wasted would be fired immediately?
    Does anyone else get the feeling that there is one rule for those in power and another rule for everyone else?
    Are the people of Ireland happy with the way we have been led into the current economic disaster by the Pied Piper Bertie Ahern, who then left us with the mess once the going got tough?
    I'm sick to the point of hopelessness at hearing all the stories of money been wasted all through the government, of bankers getting bailed out, of developers getting let off the hook, and of the opposition parties being afraid to really get stuck into the government because they know there's a good chance they could be in that same firing line in the future.
    Is anyone else pissed off as hell, and waiting for someone brave enough to stand up and start the revolution?
    For those who read this who haven't seen 'Network', it's a good film from the 70s. There is a speech in it which comes to mind:

"I want you to get mad!
    I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.
    All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.
    You've gotta say, "I'm a human being, goddammit! My life has value!"
    So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,
    "I'm as mad as hell,
    and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement