Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coax VGA interference

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

So I have a pretty simple TV mounted on wall set up.
    The wires to the TV are fed up the wall in trunking.
    There are only 3 wires. A Power cable, a VGA from a computer and a coax for standard NTL TV.

My problem is that the coax seems to be causing interference when the TV is displaying the VGA picture.
    The coax is the standard white one I picked up in Power City.. nothing home made or special about it.

I got the VGA off ebay (here)
    Only reason I bought on ebay was because I coulnd find a 5m in the shops. It probably worked out a lot cheaper to get it from ebay too!

When the coax is plugged in (both to the wall and to the TV) and I put the TV on to PC mode displaying the picture from the VGA, the picture flickers.. (Similar flickering to a CRT if the refresh rate is set wrong).

When I unplug either end of the coax, the flickering stops immediately. There is no flickering at all when Im watching the TV chanels.

Both wires are shielded.

Anyone have any idea how I could stop this interference?

Wiring them in seperate trunking away from each other isnt possible. A TV card in the PC is also not possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

The coax shielding may be poor. Is it foil as well as braid? If not, replace with good quality satellite coax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

its pretty well shielded alright..
    Foil and braid.

Any other ideas? :)

Advertisement