Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

card making group for Co Meath

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi ye'all
    I was thinking of starting a card makers group for co. meath.:rolleyes: I'm located in Kells. Anybody else out there who'd like to share their idea on how we can start this. Maybe a group that can get together once a month and swop ideas, cards, make some card toppers and learn a few new techniques? Maybe get people from cavan involved too.... any ideas welcome:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hi, I make cards but Kells is too far for me to travel. If you don't get anyone physically turning up, how about an online group? I'm sure its possible to do but a bit unsure of how to do it. Maybe a group of say, 6 cardmakers, make cards at home and photograph them and email the photos to the rest of the group. Or you can communicate by blogging but am not very familiar with blogs - maybe I should start!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Think you are onto something there Jellybaby - good idea. Blogging is great for discussing materials, you can share links to resources and buying stuff online, as well as arranging the odd meet up if you like!

Hi Cork_girl and wendywii - do either of you have a blog? I haven't set one up as I don't really know anything about them.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Hi Cork_girl and wendywii - do either of you have a blog? I haven't set one up as I don't really know anything about them.

They're very straight forward Jellybaby - check out the one in my links if you want ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 irishcailin

Hi

Only came across this today. Did you ever get the card making class started? I'm outside Ardee.

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote: »
    They're very straight forward Jellybaby - check out the one in my links if you want ideas!

Hi Cork_girl. Just catching up on this here. I'm really showing my ignorance now - where are those links you refer to? I'm investigating Blogger at the moment. I'm a bit busy with family stuff right now so can't spend too much time on it, but I still want to create a blog. I've been taking photos of my cards and saving them on my computer but there are just too many now.

I've changed my signature since I posted that!

Example of blog I help to run - www.dublinsketchers.blogspot.com

It is a group blog - so you can assign permissions to people allowing them to post on the page. There is still an administrator role who has control over assigning permissions etc. etc.

Best of luck!

Thanks for that - nice blog, very clear, easy to read. A blog is just one of those 'things to do before I shuffle off this mortal coil"!

Advertisement