Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday's coming up, thinking of biting the bullet.

Options
  • 05-10-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

Advise me people.

I want to work something form the image provided, into a side piece.

I've been keeping the idea on the back burner for about a year now.
    Not a clue who it was originally done by, or what exactly the artist was thinking when he/she drew it.
    It's just something that has stuck with me since the first day I saw it.
    The text that goes with it and the concept of the art work.
    Obviously, the image itself isn't really up to tattoo standards, so it would be worked into something nicer.
    I'll have a chat with a tattoo artist about it at some stage, just looking for friendly advice from you guys.

Thanks peeps.
    Cian.

(my threads are always so bloody long winded)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Why not something like this :

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Pin-Up-Girl-Sexy-Umbrella-Posters_i1626356_.htm

A proper pinup and if its the umbrella youre after that one ^^ has one :D:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I think the image would translate well, perhaps making the hearts slightly bigger? The text size would have to be increased too.

On a personal level, I think it'd be nice to try and track down the artist who created the picture. Do you have any clues as to where it came from?

It reminded me of the "Black Flowers in the Attic" tshirts by Threadless (which I own and love!)

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=2235548

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

^Hee me too! We should wear our matching shirts to a meetup and be all... matchy... emo-y... something.

I tried using TinEye to see if that picture has been posted elsewhere but TinEye couldn't find it. It's such a simple clean design though, if you've any experience or know anyone who can use Illustrator, it wouldn't be too difficult to turn it into a vector image that you could resize to your liking and bring to a tattoo artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

CianRyan wrote: »
    Advise me people.

I want to work something form the image provided, into a side piece.

I've been keeping the idea on the back burner for about a year now.
    Not a clue who it was originally done by, or what exactly the artist was thinking when he/she drew it.
    It's just something that has stuck with me since the first day I saw it.
    The text that goes with it and the concept of the art work.
    Obviously, the image itself isn't really up to tattoo standards, so it would be worked into something nicer.
    I'll have a chat with a tattoo artist about it at some stage, just looking for friendly advice from you guys.

Thanks peeps.
    Cian.

(my threads are always so bloody long winded)
    Cian dude, screw it, it's both our birthdays, you get a pic of me done and it'll be awesome i swaer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

It would definitely be a god bit bigger and something that size couldn't really be solid black either, I'd have to work out some kind of shading to go into it.

The way I was seeing it, was with the girl in the center and the text wrapping around it, the hearts falling down but getting bigger as they either fall down, or go up, if ya get me. Quite like Jen's pic, there. :)

I could probably track down the artist.
    The use to post on a myspace group(graffiti one) that I'm on.
    As far as I know, they hadn't posted anything on it since about a year before I started posting.

Gauge: I don't know anyone with that program, you wouldn't have it by any chance, would you. :rolleyes:

Hellrazer: Thanks, but it's not really a pin up, I'm after.
    It would just take away from what the image represents.

Raze: Ah yeah sure, I'll drop everything else I have planned and get a Stevo-esqu portrait on of you on my back...

If you get one of me. ;):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

CianRyan wrote: »
    It would definitely be a god bit bigger and something that size couldn't really be solid black either, I'd have to work out some kind of shading to go into it.

The way I was seeing it, was with the girl in the center and the text wrapping around it, the hearts falling down but getting bigger as they either fall down, or go up, if ya get me. Quite like Jen's pic, there. :)

I could probably track down the artist.
    The use to post on a myspace group(graffiti one) that I'm on.
    As far as I know, they hadn't posted anything on it since about a year before I started posting.

Gauge: I don't know anyone with that program, you wouldn't have it by any chance, would you. :rolleyes:

Hellrazer: Thanks, but it's not really a pin up, I'm after.
    It would just take away from what the image represents.

Raze: Ah yeah sure, I'll drop everything else I have planned and get a Stevo-esqu portrait on of you on my back...

If you get one of me. ;):pac:
    Give me your full name including birth and confirmation and address and I'll get I love Cian (fill in the rest here) along my man parts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Cian John Peter Ryan.
    Confirmation?
    3 Rosebank,
    Old Bawn,
    Tallaght,
    Dublin 24.

Pics!
    For the ladies of course. hahaha

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Give me your full name including birth and confirmation and address and I'll get I love Cian (fill in the rest here) along my man parts :pac:

Don't flatter yourself, you'd barely fit the 'I' on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He'd get "Ci" at size 8 font... :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

"What about a tattoo of my face...but on my chest. Yeah, double me!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement