Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Trinity 5k handicap Series

Options
  • 05-10-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭

Nothing to do with me but received it on email, might be of interest to folks working on that side of town.

The long hot dry summer is now over and training is now focussing on the longer distances. That can mean only one thing = Yes the start of the 5k Winter League Series. The first race is scheduled for Oct 13th with the early runners heading off at Approx 1pm. So as a reminder to those who forgotten the format or wish to bring a runner along, the following is all you need to know. You might forward this mail to any one you feel might be interested in participating.
    The race series is made up of 7 races over a 5k course around the Irishtown nature walk - well 2k of it is anyway
    The races are run on the second Tuesday of the month (up until April)
    Each competitor is handicapped against (i) previous performances (ii) the uncanny ability of the handicap king known as Joe
    Points are awarded relative to the numbers of competitors in the race i.e 35 runner means the winner gets 35 points, second 34 and so on...
    Two point are awarded to all runners who complete the course, this is in addition to race points.
    The best five races of the series of each runner counts towards the league
    The final race is a memorial race which is run at 6pm, note this is the only race run at this time of the day. A memorial trophy (the Sean Bannon) is awarded to the winner of this race
    The cost of the series is €20, a more favourable rate is available to students, OAPs, etc. - don't be fooled by the OAP category!!
    Communication of handicaps, updates and general abuse is by e-mail, so please leave us an e-mail address.
    The series has been running for quite a number of years now and is unique in that it caters equally for serious, aging and fun run athletes. The handicaps make sure that all are in with an equal chance of winning the series. All funds collected are used for the purchase of prizes, even the bribes often accepted by the members of the committee go towards the prizes.
    It would help us on the day of the first race if we were informed of any newcomers
    Regards
    The Committee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Squors

Hi beepbeep,

The mail says it contains all you need to know, but it doesn't say where the race starts, or where you can register. Do you have any idea?

It looks like fun.

Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

They start at the GAA club on Sean Moore road, then head out the sea walk and back to the GAA club via Pigeon House Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

cool, so there's shower facilities in the GAA club etc there? This could be an excellent option for lunchtime races in the winter...

christeb wrote: »
    cool, so there's shower facilities in the GAA club etc there?

I would make that assumption, I've dropped a note to confirm for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

grand. Can you DM me the email address you got it from, I might just drop them a line, as I can't find anything on the Trinity DUHAC website.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Don't have an email yet as I'm receiving through a 3rd party, but here was his response re the showers :p.

No this is a guerrilla type events. You turn up, you run, you leave smelly (unless you have showers available to you), you receive E-mail with results and handicaps for the next race. All in all if timed correctly you'll be there just for the time it takes you to run the distance.

Advertisement