Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween in Limerick

Options
  • 05-10-2009 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any plans? The bangers have started going off around town already which is a pain, aside from the amount of scumbaggery that goes on I've had some great nights out in town the past few years,I actually look forward to Halloween more than Christmas these days, although the best place to be for it is the US, they go nuts over there for it

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Think I'll be spending the night itself in Dublin, but I'm looking forward to a few Halloween themed nights out here too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Already starting to sound like Operation Iraqi Freedom here and it is a week night, three weeks from Hallowe'en.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

fancy dress! I'm stuck between two costumes at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Here's my Stormtrooper work in progress, helmet is done but dont have the cash to finish the rest of the armour before this Halloween, next year though keep an eye out for a stormtrooper in Limerick :)

helmet.jpg

didnt get the pics of ur mate wikus? is it the one off ebay?
    nice job on the stormtrooper though, how u making it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Wonder how long it will take the bus service to be pulled??? I'll go with 5 o'clock:rolleyes:

Munster are playing Ulster at 5.00pm in thomond park. That corner was always traditional "lob bricks at cars" spot. walk back to town could be fun!

zuroph wrote: »
    didnt get the pics of ur mate wikus? is it the one off ebay?
    nice job on the stormtrooper though, how u making it?

Comes in a kit you buy online, theres different types depnding on accuracy, plastic type etc, theres a whole online community of people who build replica armour called the 501st Legion, huge star wars nerds but unbelievable costumes , also for ideas check out the replica prop forum: www.therpf.com the Iron Man suits on there are insane

I was lookin at Ironman suits before, they're crazy! have you seen The limerick huys predator suit? If he comes out with us this year, I might as well not bother.

I put together a pretty decent Indiana Jones costume last year, might just use it again this year as I dont have the money to put together something else and dont like store bought costumes, and yeah the Iron Man suits are nuts,who wouldnt want to walk around town dressed like this :) :
    2931.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hope you have a strong bladder wearing that thing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This is great.

best_halloween_costume.jpg

There are worse out there. Google Tampon Halloween Costume for a shock. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

krudler wrote: »
    I put together a pretty decent Indiana Jones costume last year, might just use it again this year as I dont have the money to put together something else and dont like store bought costumes, and yeah the Iron Man suits are nuts,who wouldnt want to walk around town dressed like this :) :
    2931.jpg

That is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

The one that stands out for me is this costume. I suppose its up to personal opinion if you find it darkly funny or offenseive.

I have to admit if found it so tasteless it was funny like those baby jokes, ya know baby in a microwave etc. lol...

911_costume_thumb.jpg

That is both genius yet twisted at the same time, some of the best costumes are the simplest ones, my flatmate is thinking of going as Patrick Bateman this year, suit, plastic rain jacket from pennys, toy axe, smear face with blood, boom instant American Psycho costume

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

krudler wrote: »
    That is both genius yet twisted at the same time, some of the best costumes are the simplest ones, my flatmate is thinking of going as Patrick Bateman this year, suit, plastic rain jacket from pennys, toy axe, smear face with blood, boom instant American Psycho costume

Damn, that was my idea :(

:D

An File wrote: »
    Damn, that was my idea :(

:D

If ye bump into each other you can compare business cards, his is new, with a sublte off white colouring, it even has a watermark:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

After being in Trinity Rooms dressed as the Hulk and the only other person dressed up in the entire nightclub is my mate dressed as God next to me. I dont think I will do it again.
    This was about 3 years ago now. We had fun, but man the lack of effort in town was depressing. I spent hours to look like I did.

Jumpy wrote: »
    After being in Trinity Rooms dressed as the Hulk and the only other person dressed up in the entire nightclub is my mate dressed as God next to me. I dont think I will do it again.
    This was about 3 years ago now. We had fun, but man the lack of effort in town was depressing. I spent hours to look like I did.
    last year EVERYONE was out in costume, and it will be the same this year, its really caught on in the last 2 years. trust me on this.

Depends on the night really, we went out on the 27th 2 years ago and there was a few people, 31st last year and it was mobbed with costumes, mostly girls in "sexy" versions of witches and cats and maids and what have you, the usual cliches, there were some awesome costumes out though, although this year if some drunk ****er tries to take either my hat or whip they'll get a dig, quite why drunk people think its funny to whip a hat off your head is beyond me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

hightower1 wrote: »
    The one that stands out for me is this costume. I suppose its up to personal opinion if you find it darkly funny or offenseive.

I have to admit if found it so tasteless it was funny like those baby jokes, ya know baby in a microwave etc. lol...

911_costume_thumb.jpg

i find this very offensive:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement