Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability Benefit

Options
  • 05-10-2009 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi i was hoping someone could point me the right direction here, I was working and recently had a bad accedent(non work related) i applied for disability benefit,but got a letter stating i was not entitled to it as i had not got enough tax credits.it gave me a break down from year 2006 - 2009,im about 7 short of the requested amount. But for 2009 it has me down for only 6 credits,even do i have been working with my present company full time since february this year. Do i need to get a p60 off my employer or how to i sort this problem out? thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

The Relevant Tax Year for Illness Benefit claims is the second last complete tax year before the year in which your claim is made. So, for claims made in 2009, the Relevant Tax Year is 2007.

So, assuming that you are entitled to claim (you can check this out here & that it is just a matter that your credits since you started your latest job have not been recorded/updated on the DSFA system, you can get a Statement of Earnings for this tax year from your present employer (it’s basically the same as a P60, which can only be issued at the end of December). A copy of a recent payslip might be enough for them.

Either way you should ring DSFA at the number on the letter they sent you & ask them what evidence they need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Advertisement