Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time Triathlete

Options
  • 05-10-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I am fairly fit and am interested in doing a olimpic ditance tri in about six or seven months time when i'm super fit but i am having a bit of trouble finding out when and where they will be on. Just wondering can anyone out there recomend a web site for finding out the dates of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RICHIE-RICH

Triathlon Ireland website
    www.triathlonireland.com

Race fixtures for 2010 will be released in November according to their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Trevor E wrote: »
    I am fairly fit and am interested in doing a olimpic ditance tri in about six or seven months time when i'm super fit but i am having a bit of trouble finding out when and where they will be on. Just wondering can anyone out there recomend a web site for finding out the dates of them.

www.triathlonireland.com - this will list all the events on the calendar. If its not on that calendar its not worth doing IMHO.

Unfortunately for you the triathlon season runs from April to September so you'll have to wait a little longer. There will be duathlons in Jan/Feb/Mar though

The new calendar should be out December time I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Trevor E

Thanks lads, I ll aim to start with a few duathlones so and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TheFatMan

Would reccomend the Tri-Athy race. Swim down stream and run and bike are all on the flat. Last 2 years have been great weather too. Think they pay extra for that

Advertisement