Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PE Teaching as a mature student

Options
  • 05-10-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I am thinking of applying to do this in UL or DCU next year and was just wondering if anyone had any experience of doing this as a mature student? Ive heard its not easy to get into but id really love to do its been something ive always wanted to do but i didnt get enough points in the LC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I haven't done the course but I was in the same position as you as in I wanted to do a course that was highly competitive to get into (although most mature student places are!). I researched everything - contacted the colleges, asked for advice, spoke to students, professionals in the area. If you can show the college your determination and commitment to the course, you'll have no problem.

Have a look here for some tips on applying as a mature student : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055676871

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

thanks for the reply Larianne... yeah have done a good bit of research into this and I know they offer the course in UL, DCU, and UCC. Ideally i would like to get into UL because to me it looks like the best and most established course and also you have more elective subjets to chose from. I play a good bit of sport (GAA at intercounty level) so i would have a fair idea of the fitness and conditioning side of the course i reckon so hopefully that might go in my favour aswell as that i have volunteered to do a sports summer camp this year to show i was trying to gain experience with teenagers in a sports invironment. Id love to talk to anyone who has done this as a mature student to hear there perspective on the whole thing and try get some tips of them for what hopefully lies ahead.;;

Advertisement