Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door Intercom

Options
  • 05-10-2009 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Does anybody have any idea about how to test an intercom. Its in a block of apts which are 10 yrs old. All the intercoms in Apts work apart from one Apt.
    1 What is the most common fault?
    2 Should i test the voltage at the intercom in the Apt and what should it be?
    3 Or would the voltage only be present when somebody rings the apt.
    4 If there is voltage and it not working does the intercom in Apt have to be changed for an exact replica or will any make or model do

Thanks in advance - (sorry for such a long question)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

JOHNPT wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anybody have any idea about how to test an intercom. Its in a block of apts which are 10 yrs old. All the intercoms in Apts work apart from one Apt.
    1 What is the most common fault?
    2 Should i test the voltage at the intercom in the Apt and what should it be?
    3 Or would the voltage only be present when somebody rings the apt.
    4 If there is voltage and it not working does the intercom in Apt have to be changed for an exact replica or will any make or model do

Thanks in advance - (sorry for such a long question)

The first thing I would do is switch the phone thats not working with one that is.
    If not that eliminates the phone . Next would be to string a lenght of cable from the phone back to the panel. That will eliminate a cable problem
    Is it an anolouge or digital system.?
    If its analouge when you pick up the phone do you have speech in any direction.
    Whats the make of the system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thanks Koolkid. I got it sorted turned out it was loose connection on phone

Advertisement