Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Alarm Panel

Options
  • 05-10-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All,

I am looking to replace my current alarm panel and am hoping for a little advice for what to go for.

I have an existing Aritech CD95003, which I bought a few years ago on ebay, cleared the programming, and reprogrammed myself. I have used regular reed contacts and Aritech PIRS, with a number of glassh shock sensors throughout the house. Because of the number of zones the panel can support I ended up probably using about 10 of the zones at this point.

What I'm trying to do at this point is to look at replacing the panel for something with approx. the same number of zones, which will support my existing sensory, while giving me ethernet to my LAN if possible - the greatest issue I have with my aritech is the lack of remote control, other than through the dialer, which I have not used.

I have an existing home automation system and would like to integrate the alarm into it (Its a custom programmed application).

I'm therefore looking for advise on a suitable replacement panel, which won't kill me to replace in terms of work, and possibly give me the remote options which I'm looking for.
    I have wireless internet, with UPS backup, and a GPRS connection on my phone, hence the reason I'd like to get messages on phone via gprs if an alarm triggers, while allowing me to reset and rearm alarm remotely.

Thanks in anticip[ation for any advise which you may have.

Regards
    Ger

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Signet 220ip is perfect for this application.
    The zone inputs are configureable to almost all EOL ratings.
    It will connect via LAN to your router for full access.
    You can also use Signet Secure portal to connect remotly if you have dynamic IP.
    X10 interface connects directly to the panel. You can have ofcourse upto 256 X10 Address's. Full cause & effect control of X10 from the alarm. #0-#9 can be programmed to switch up to 10 X10 address's direct from the keypad. All X10 devices can be controlled remotly via the browser.
    If you want any more info or a demonstration let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

+1
    The Signet seems to tick all the boxes.
    The signet portal also has a mobile page that you use with any web enabled phone.
    I would also consider using dyndns.org if you have dynamic ip as the portal can crash and isn't backed up by 24-7 support

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For the sake of the €5 a month the fixed IP is the way to go. Especially if your going with X10 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gg339

Hi all,

Thanks for the input.
    Yes - I do have a fixed IP no issues there.

However, from what I can see the cost of the Sigmet is pretty steep. So I began looking for alternatives, and found the Honeywell G2, with additional ethernet module.
    This seems to fit the bill for what I require, at a fraction of the price of a sigmet panel.

Does anybody have experience/advice how good or not the Honeywell Panel is.

Thanks again
    Ger

My personal opinion would be the SigNet over G2 any day.
    Much more user friendly. For the sake of a couple of hundred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The G2 is a great panel but you want to control your panel remotely and this panel will not do that. You would need the Galaxy RSS which is only available to installers.
    Also you say that you have shock sensors installed, what make are they as the G2 may not be compatible with them

The Signet 220 is not much more expensive than a G2-20 and ethernet module so shop around

Advertisement