Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Heaters

Options
  • 05-10-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Okay I ahve two storage heaters in the flat I'm living in. They have two dials on them, one for 'Boost' and another for 'Temperature'.

What I'd like to do is to set them so that they'll be off, completely, until certain times of the day. As I see it now it looks like they're on the whole time with a heat boost at certain times.

Does anyone know how set the heater sup the way I want!? They're plugged directly into the mains so I can't use a timer plug!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Scráib wrote: »
    Okay I ahve two storage heaters in the flat I'm living in. They have two dials on them, one for 'Boost' and another for 'Temperature'.

What I'd like to do is to set them so that they'll be off, completely, until certain times of the day. As I see it now it looks like they're on the whole time with a heat boost at certain times.

Does anyone know how set the heater sup the way I want!? They're plugged directly into the mains so I can't use a timer plug!

The dial marked 1-6 is the heat input , it controls the heat coming in , they normally work form 12 midnight - 8.00 am give or take an hour ( if we are in winter or summer time) so inorder to have heat tomorrow you need to set them today ( to come on tonight)

The one marked boost is controlling a damper flap ( if you look in the grill on top you can see it moving)

This controls the heat output you should turn that back to 1 until you want heat

If there is a second heater built into the storage heater ( a convector also know as a combi) then the boost dial also controls the the heat output from that ( it may or may not be in yours) there would be 2 switches on the wall at the side of the heater if there was.

Advertisement