Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screw in Motion Sensor?

Options
  • 05-10-2009 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have toilet underneath the stairs in the house and would like to install a motion sensor as it's constantly being left on and using up electricity!!!

The toilet has a pendant light fitting and have seen online screw in sensors but these are mainly for the US market (for example). Does such a product exist for the ireland/uk market? The light is currently switched, but if I can install the sensor I could forgo the switch. Ideally would like the "time on" duration to be configuarble but thats not a show stopper.

The alternative would be to connection up a separate sensor? Is this an easy task? If so I'd be looking for a "neat" sensor..

Any pointers/tips would be much appreciated

W.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What make of alarm do you have?
    It could be done with X10
    It could also be possible using a low voltage unit wired to a relay behind the switch.
    If your in or around Dublin I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

something like this will do
    http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMSLW360.html
    Any electrical wholesaler will stock them

Advertisement