Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm

Options
  • 05-10-2009 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Guys, just wondering if any of you have any recommendations for house alarm installers in Limerick area.

Or would any of you know the approx cost to install one.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hiya, I had an alarm installed about a year ago by SK alarms 061)353077, Good Quality HKC panel with sms dialler, 1 PIR and 10 door window sensors including wiring the whole lot was @850.
    I was delighted with the work and the service was top notch.
    I have no connection other than being a satisfied customer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

ETL Security Group

Telephone : 061-410922
    Fax : 061-418244
    Address : 48 Edward Street,
    Limerick, Co. Limerick
    Ireland

^^^
    This crowd are very good. We use them at work and my father used them at his house.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Thanks guys.
    Numbers like €800 have been thrown at me (no offical quotes but hearsay) and was hoping I wouldn't have to fork out this amount.
    Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

banie01 wrote: »
    Hiya, I had an alarm installed about a year ago by SK alarms 061)353077, Good Quality HKC panel with sms dialler, 1 PIR and 10 door window sensors including wiring the whole lot was @850.
    I was delighted with the work and the service was top notch.
    I have no connection other than being a satisfied customer

He's a neighbour of mine. I can vouch for him

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To be honest your going to be talking about in or around €800 for a quality fitted alarm. I paid that over 2 years ago and the guy that installed it did a very neat and tidy job considering the house wasn't pre wired for an alarm. No visible wires, no window/door sensors, etc, he installed IR motion sensors at the top of the landing, hall and downstairs rooms, they are very discrete. He also fitted a good number of other houses in the estate too and I have had no issues with the alarm since it was installed.

PM me if you want his contact details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

T&K alarms....800 is good for a decent alarm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

WKS Security Systems on Lelia street are pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

Would it be less if the house was pre wired?? I may be interested too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

AFAIK it is less when the house is pre wired - my friend was recently charged around 600 by WKS for a pre wired house IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

MWA on mungret st. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

Give David at VIP Security a call. He's a good guy who knows his stuff. He's a bit of a technology enthusiast who takes pride in his work.

Advertisement