Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hepatitis B Vaccination

Options
  • 05-10-2009 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Heya guys! Does anyone know where I can get a shot for Hepa B? My friend said there's one in St. James Hospital for free but I highly doubt that...do you guys know any clinic/hosp where can i get one? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

its in fact a course of 3 vaccinations over a period of 6 months together with an antibody test at the end to make sure it works. Hep B does require antibody level check every now and then as a small but significant proportion of people do not mount an adequate immune response and so will need boosters or even a full repeat course.

If you work in a healthcare setting, it should be free and included with starting work.

If it is for travel - then you will probably have to pay for it.

Remember - your GP is always your best bet for these things and can point you further if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You'll probably have to pay, for medicine we need to show HepB immunity and have to pay around 25 euro for each HepB vaccine and antibody test, which is pretty expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I think I read somewhere last year that this is going to be introduced as part of the general vaccination programme in the next few years

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

if one were to attend a sexual health clinic and claim to be a man who has sex with men, one would get the vaccine for free. similarly, if you were to claim to be an intravenous drug abuser, you would also get the vaccine for free. alternatively, if you sold your body for sex on the streets of dublin, you'll get it for free. however if you are a med student, you'll have to pay. makes sense, doesnt it?!?!

Advertisement