Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Short codes - can one make money?

Options
  • 05-10-2009 4:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to have a sms short code, and when people text it (I) get a fee.

I am looking to set up a once off service, could you recommend any providers if this is possible.

thanks
    tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

ask a network provider :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Oasis678

hi the co i work for used puca before for a texting promo but it was not to make money it was just to get people to enter a competition ,they might be able to help. keep us updated id like to try something like that some time. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

the only way to make money is on volume. That's why media organisations use them - coz they can get the volume.

Dint forget there are a lot of people clipping the ticket, mobile operators, service provider, VAT etc.

Advertisement