Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The beauty and wonder of God's creation

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Its funny, this was posted in the A&A forum a while back, also marvelling at it.

Shows that while theists and atheists can both disagree over the origin of life I think we can both agree that it is a beautify and wondrous thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

That was beautiful and mind-blowing. (I think that's the first time I've used those words to anyone except to my wife).

I remember when I was a teenager there was a craze for kids to put on their bedroom walls posters by an artist called Roger Dean. He did futuristic landscapes for album covers etc. That video demonstrates to me that truth is stranger than fiction. That such 'worlds' exist in our cells is an incredible thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I remember seeing that several times before, but even today its wow factor is still there.:)

Just thought I'd add this :) It's basically a tour through reality as we know it today.

Note on the last part of the vid:
    The apparent leaf like pattern in everything is interesting, anyone skeptical of evolution should know that that pattern is predicted accurately by applying principles of Darwin's great theory... it's amazing though that everything from blood veins, to our brain[video shows a mouse's brain cell] and the structure of the universe seems to have a similar pattern. Make of that what you will...

Guys, please let's not take this down the Creationism / Evolution route?

Christians believe that the universe, and everything in it, were created by God. How God did that is not under discussion in this thread.

The OP has requested that there be no snide atheist remarks. In fairness I would also ask that Christians refrain from posting apologetics or polemical points in this thread (eg saying that the complexity of the cell proves anything about God). The point of this thread is to marvel at the beauty and intricacy of God's good creation, and to praise Him for that fact. We can do that without trying to pick a quarrel with anyone who believes differently, can't we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

View this awesome video of a human cell:
    (2 videos on this page to watch)

http://multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu/

Please, no snide atheist remarks. Christians believe God created life.

That's a great vid Chozo. The 2nd vid answered the questions had. I presumed some of that stuff was made up - especially the walking thingy dragging the big sack!

PDN wrote: »
    Guys, please let's not take this down the Creationism / Evolution route?

Christians believe that the universe, and everything in it, were created by God. How God did that is not under discussion in this thread.

The OP has requested that there be no snide atheist remarks. In fairness I would also ask that Christians refrain from posting apologetics or polemical points in this thread (eg saying that the complexity of the cell proves anything about God). The point of this thread is to marvel at the beauty and intricacy of God's good creation, and to praise Him for that fact. We can do that without trying to pick a quarrel with anyone who believes differently, can't we?

My apologies, I just had to state the explanation of the patterns, in case anyone saw it as a sort of validation for the ID proposed by the Discover Institute and the like....
    I'll add more as I remember/find them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭chozometroid

Wicknight wrote: »
    Shows that while theists and atheists can both disagree over the origin of life I think we can both agree that it is a beautify and wondrous thing. :)
    Amen, brother. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dragonsgates

Fantastic video.

Just shows that over 13-14 billion what can happen, and we do not need a big beardy guy in the sky.

Fantastic video.

Just shows that over 13-14 billion what can happen, and we do not need a big beardy guy in the sky.

I'll leave dragonsgates' post up as a warning to other trolls. He may be back in a week when his ban is over.

• Advertisement

The Largest Animal Known to Humankind.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Yeah you just got to admire all those tsunamis,eathquakes and failed solar systems.

Xluna wrote: »
    Yeah you just got to admire all those tsunamis,eathquakes and failed solar systems.

Indeed you do, tsunamis and earthquakes are one of the same phenomena really and as for the failed solar systems are there not over 500 earth like planets out there? Let alone numerous more formed solar systems??
    Btw, if you want to be romantic you can say that earthquakes are necessary for life because the tectonics evidently create new, fresh and rich in mineral, rock formations. Oooh and almost forgot the more lower mag earthquakes you have, the less chance there is of a really big powerful mag earthquake occurring:cool:
    (In general - Indonesia seems to be a worrying exception, the last few quakes in the region have actually added pressure to a fault that was already heavily under strain and God help the folks there when it snaps:()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

You know what,sometimes I really wish I could believe,you guys,and the Buddhists,seem more content and have more inner peace-but I can't.

This bear struggling to stay awake just had to be posted here..
    It's so frickin cute:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Malty_T wrote: »

Note on the last part of the vid:
    The apparent leaf like pattern in everything is interesting, anyone skeptical of evolution should know that that pattern is predicted accurately by applying principles of Darwin's great theory... it's amazing though that everything from blood veins, to our brain[video shows a mouse's brain cell] and the structure of the universe seems to have a similar pattern. Make of that what you will...

Cheers Malty_T, that was really cool too.....and yes, it is amazing! :) Thanks for the bear too..lol...so cute, I'm looking at my own little one doing the exact same thing here at the mo....and hoping tiredness will takeover..lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

While we are sharing heartwarming youtube links, I'm consistently blown away by the story of "Christian the lion". (The tenuous link to Christianity is in the name ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

wtf*? You can buy lions in Harrods :confused:

*what the fudge for our PG viewers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Yeah, the dangerous animals are kept behind the Golliwog doll section, which is just to the left of "poison-tipped weapons boulevard".

While we are sharing heartwarming youtube links, I'm consistently blown away by the story of "Christian the lion". (The tenuous link to Christianity is in the name ;))

<Epic Lion Video>

Class!

I suppose the Lion thought they were its parents, or something.
    I wanna me a pet like that lion.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Morbert, I couldn't actually watch that for more than 20 seconds. Nothing to do with the content - just the annoying music and strangely distorted voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

*what the fudge for our PG viewers
    I don't know if ti is still the case, but Harrods' "thing" used to be that you could buy anything there.

MrP

PDN wrote: »
    Morbert, I couldn't actually watch that for more than 20 seconds. Nothing to do with the content - just the annoying music and strangely distorted voices.

Oh thank God, I'm not the only one.:)

I remember the Sagan Song being posted in A&A a while back and commenting like you did, only to have everyone disagree with me.:(

Malty_T wrote: »
    Oh thank God, I'm not the only one.:)

I remember the Sagan Song being posted in A&A a while back and commenting like you did, only to have everyone disagree with me.:(

I doubt if me being the only person to agree with you will increase your credibility on the A&A Forum. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Players be hatin' on my tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Great vids guys thanks.

A little bit off topic I know but an amazing vid regardless.

I love this vid.

Enjoy :)

Time to admire ourselves now:o

One of the world's best imitator.

• Advertisement

Advertisement