Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viral marketing campaign

Options
  • 05-10-2009 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I need some tips on how to do a good viral marketing campaign to increase web traffic to a certain clip. What is the best way to get people to visit this link and watch this clip?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_XaM01-Zb4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

Can I ask you why you want people to view this or is this just an example of the video you want people to see?

I have PM'd you with one way of setting up a viral campaign but I think people viewing this thread may need more info to advise on how best to get the result you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

Eh, that video is... ok.
    I think the point of viral marketing is that people spread it of their own accord because of the quality/uniqueness of the content. Im not sure how much you can plan the whole thing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭fergalfrog

I think you can still make something viral by creative an incentive for the user to send it on to others. A lot of the time a user will forward on because it is funny or interesting but if you give them an incentive they may do so too. For example "win a prize if you forward to 10 people" or "forward to a friend and if they sign up you get a voucher"...

I have built these kind of campaigns and many have got over 100,000 hits. I don't want to post examples here in case I am breaking rules in terms of advertising etc so PM me if you need more details or examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

I have to agree with ed6hellsfresh, going viral is something that you can't actually plan! It just happens!

if you want to increase traffic is suggest taking to sites like Twitter and other social networks. Go to where the audience you want to attract are active!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

I think when you start getting into the realm of using vouchers etc to get people to spread your stuff, you are getting away from what is truely viral.

You shouldn't have to incentivise people to view the material, the incentive should be the viewing of the material. Viral, properly viral, material gets spread by organic word of mouth.

Could just be my opinion though :)

• Advertisement

Hey man,

Read this. It's free. Will help you understand it a bit more. Unleasing The IdeaVirus By Seth Godin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

A potentially viral video clip needs to be so entertaining that People are just likely to send it onwards to everyone they know - if this happens then it has 'gone viral'

This is a great example.

Dutch Travel Agent Viral Clip

- As for your clip, I'm sorry I even watched it that one time, the point is not clear to me and I'd certainly never inflict it on anyone.....

Advertisement