Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the No's and Donegal

Options
  • 05-10-2009 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

I'm so proud that over a third of this country voted No and I just may include Donegal for a place to settle down in! haha

It showed me that despite the scare mongering and continual false but alluring promises re. new job creation there is still some spirit left in this country and a few like myself who don't swallow everything we hear/read from politicans and posters.

Thanks folks, you make it even more worth sticking around in this country. :) And I'll be remembering these people when I see the likes of Pat Cox in his new role as EU Commissioner and Tony Blair as the new President of the EU, and when as I witness FF staying in Government until 2012.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

pog it wrote: »
    I'm so proud that over two thirds of this country voted Yes and I just may include all 25 counties except Donegal for a place to settle down in! haha

It showed me that despite the scare mongering and continual false but alluring promises re. abortion, minimum wage, there is still some spirit left in this country and a few like myself who don't swallow everything we hear/read from politicans and posters.

Thanks folks, you make it even more worth sticking around in this country. :) And I'll be remembering these people when I see the likes of Pat Cox in his new role as EU Commissioner and Tony Blair as the new President of the EU, and when as I witness FF staying in Government until the end of this month if the Green voted down the Programme for Government..

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yep, my own dear county voted No, No, No to the Abortion Referenda in the mid 90's.

Yep, that means No to the right to travel and No to the right for information.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Tony Blair as the new President of the EU,

Jesus, are you a slow learner or do you just not really care about having your facts right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I'm so proud that over a third of this country voted No

32.9% < 33.3%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'm so proud that over a third of this country voted No and I just may include Donegal for a place to settle down in! haha

One third of the electorate, considering the weeks you been posting here you'd think you'd have noticed this distinction.
    It showed me that despite the scare mongering and continual false but alluring promises re. new job creation there is still some spirit left in this country and a few like myself who don't swallow everything we hear/read from politicans and posters.

he he he he. woo hoo I'm wearing the world's biggest polaroid blinkers.
    Thanks folks, you make it even more worth sticking around in this country. :) And I'll be remembering these people when I see the likes of Pat Cox in his new role as EU Commissioner and Tony Blair as the new President of the EU, and when as I witness FF staying in Government until 2012.

yawn.

Sorry it's the best I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Meh, im sure half of us donegal folk are Canada or Australian bound now that this joke of a treaty has been accepted, have fun with failure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Dinner wrote: »
    Jesus, are you a slow learner or do you just not really care about having your facts right?
    They aren't facts if they don't agree with their crazy points, didn't you know!?

Over 24 hours later and the bitter lunatics on the No side haven't copped on and are actually behaving worse. Although, they are the people who claimed Yes willl euthanise our elderly and abort our kids, so there's no telling how low they can really go.

curry-muff wrote: »
    Meh, im sure half of us donegal folk are Canada or Australian bound now that this joke of a treaty has been accepted, have fun with failure
    I, for one, welcome our new lizard overlords.

All hail the Kings of Abortion and e1.84 Minimum Wages!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Rb wrote: »
    I, for one, welcome our new lizard overlords.

All hail the Kings of Abortion and e1.84 Minimum Wages!

It also ends cross border shopping. Sterling is now outlawed and the Euro Army will be on the checkpoints.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Sarcasm doesn't make you correct, clearly we don't all believe in the €1.84 wage and all those stupid scare monger tactics but the yes side have been duped even worse by scare mongers who had a more subtle way of pulling the wool over your eyes, cant wait to come back in 5 years and say i told you so :rolleyes:

K-9 wrote: »
    It also ends cross border shopping. Sterling is now outlawed and the Euro Army will be on the checkpoints.
    Indeed, with our significantly lower labour costs, the costs of the finished goods made within the EU should now plummet so we'd better keep those anti-EU heathens in the UK off our super cheap stuff.

Actually, perhaps we should propose to our Lizard Overlords that the USE will benefit from cutting muff, Co. Donegal, off the union and out to sea?

curry-muff wrote: »
    Sarcasm doesn't make you correct, clearly we don't all believe in the €1.84 wage and all those stupid scare monger tactics but the yes side have been duped even worse by scare mongers who had a more subtle way of pulling the wool over your eyes, cant wait to come back in 5 years and say i told you so :rolleyes:
    Are those who claimed Nice would bring in abortion and conscription back to tell us so yet...?

Also, sorry to tell you, but in the new USE the only good USE-skeptic is a dead USE-skeptic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Not really much of a future for this thread, I fear.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement