Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

internet in derry

• 05-10-2009 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

got virgin for the house in derry

supposely 7megs

583052457.png

how can i in anyway improve this or my ping cannot even manage a game on xbox live without woeful lag

and is there anything I can do to get out my my virgin contract with such a crappy service?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Your download speed looks grand to me, you will be on an "up to 7meg" package that up to is important you could be gettin 1 meg and still be within the contractual guidelines, i am on a 10 meg virgin package and i get between 8.9 and 9.6 meg

As for your ping are you connecting wirelessly? Connecting wired for starters will help, what anti virus/security software are you using?

Actually instead of me listin stuff have a look here http://www.computing.net/answers/gaming/how-can-i-lower-my-ping/6270.html

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Virgin is dreadful. When I had it mine was meant to be 'up to' 10 mb, I was lucky to get 3 mb for downloads. Not much else I can offer except my sympathies!

Advertisement