Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused!!anyone in same boat??

Options
  • 04-10-2009 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

Basically I'm 22, done my leaving cert in 2004, fetac course the year after,another one after that.Then went to college but dropped out in 2006 as my mam was sick. Have been living at home since but have finally moved out.Moved to Waterford and am searching for a job. Renting a house. Have never signed on for social welfare, nor have I worked outside the home, so I have no credits..

Am I entitled to Job Seekers Allowance?Can anyone see a reason why I wouldnt get it?

Any info would really be appreciated as am mega low on funds and failed to find a job so far. Terrified I'll end up back home.

x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Jobseeker's Allowance is means tested, it does not depend on credits like Jobseeker's Benefit does. If you qualify for the full amount of JSA, it's the same (204 euro as of this post) as JSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Xiney wrote: »
    Jobseeker's Allowance is means tested, it does not depend on credits like Jobseeker's Benefit does. If you qualify for the full amount of JSA, it's the same (204 euro as of this post) as JSB.

Well basically my funds are zero at the moment, 50 quid left in the bank..Can you see any reason based on my circumstances, that I wouldn't get it?

Thanks Xiney :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Based on what you've told us here, you should get it. It won't happen right away though, so you should look into visiting your local Community Welfare Officer and applying for Supplementary Welfare Allowance for the meantime.

Advertisement