Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a motherboard in a HP Laptop

Options
  • 04-10-2009 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi!
    The motherboard in my laptop has burnt out and i cant afford to buy a whole new laptop, does anyone know is it possible to replace a motherboard in a HP laptop and what type i need. Its a HP Pavilion Entertainment w/ a 14/15"(?) screen.
    If anyone can offer any tips they would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Try

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/default.aspx?mscssid=97C399336A0F4C1C935EE9700D4632E0

Enter s/n etc from label on bottom of unit.

Warning: This replacement is a major job and not advised unless you have reasonable knowledge.

I suggest you look up laptop repair outfits and try getting some quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭USER X

I can replace the motherboard for you at a reasonable cost. I dont think im allowed to quote links or anything like that here so ive sent you a PM. I have replaced many laptop motherboards before, as the previous poster says, its a delicate operation.

How do you know the motherboard is definitely blown?

Advertisement