Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accessing rte tv on rte.ie from abroad

Options
  • 04-10-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hey gang

hope yer all well.

im over in germany at the moment, due to the recession back home and all that. and am looking to watch some irish tv, missing ireland, and would love to see a bit of the late late show and the likes, just to stay in touch with the homeland.

does anyone know of a way of getting rte tv to work over here?

thanks very much for the help

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Don't think there is way around this as I've had this issue from abroad also.
    When you go on-line over there you are going through German servers on German IP's. RTE can see this and will block you!!
    (think I'm explaining that correctly. If not I'm sure I will be corrected quickly :))

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

kgpixels wrote: »
    Don't think there is way around this as I've had this issue from abroad also.
    When you go on-line over there you are going through German servers on German IP's. RTE can see this and will block you!!
    (think I'm explaining that correctly. If not I'm sure I will be corrected quickly :))

Thats correct.
    its the same reason why we can't watch the BBCi & Ch4 player from ireland,
    would be great if there was a way around it.:(

Advertisement