Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declan Ganley-good or bad?

Options
  • 04-10-2009 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Declan has partnered with/helped some of the campaigning groups in this and the last referenda.
    My aunt and uncle campaigned for him(libertas),when I asked them their opinion on his business interests and dealings they were clueless.
    Is this the norm,do those that support him actually know what business he's in and if so how do you rationalise it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I politely suggest you read the following thread as its along the same lines: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055700497

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

yeah I was reading that alright,I was more looking for specific answers off those that support him,I don't think they are aware of who he is at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

baaaa wrote: »
    Declan has partnered with/helped some of the campaigning groups in this and the last referenda.
    My aunt and uncle campaigned for him(libertas),when I asked them their opinion on his business interests and dealings they were clueless.
    Is this the norm,do those that support him actually know what business he's in and if so how do you rationalise it?

Some people blindly support FF and FG in this country because their grandfather was on whatever side during the civil war. Issues and policy don't seem to matter. So it's some sort of blind faith. :confused:

edit: as an aside, what business is he in that's so despicable to everyone. Wikipedia states that his business is providing telecommunications products to the American military and emergency services for use in disaster situations. What's so bad about that? What have I missed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

DubTony wrote: »
    Wikipedia states that his business is providing telecommunications products to the American military and emergency services for use in disaster situations. What's so bad about that? What have I missed?

The part where the Americans go to war and use Ganleys products to help them kill people, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Well that or whatever has been classified over in the States, the telecommunications bit we know about because it's not classified...now why would DoD over in the US then decide to classify other items relating to Mr Ganley?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

baaaa wrote: »

show your aunt and uncle this post

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62389628&postcount=45

and ask them did they know of this? the linked posts are all referenced so alot of reading there
    prinz wrote: »
    Well that or whatever has been classified over in the States, the telecommunications bit we know about because it's not classified...now why would DoD over in the US then decide to classify other items relating to Mr Ganley?

Ganley's US contracts could be worth €240m

thats only Rivada Networks

there are other companies he has, alot offshore, some similarly named such as Rivada Pacific

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭potlatch

He's bad. Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

/\
    Bit rich coming from the country who produced such upstanding citizens like haughy, bertie, lawlor, burke ..... we could be here all day

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

There's almost no chance whatsoever of a useful outcome of this thread.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement