Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork, bodyboarding

Options
  • 04-10-2009 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Im thinkin bout moving to Cork in the not so distant future. I am headng that way next week to check the place out. I will be staying in cobh for a few days and was wondering what are the nearest/best breaks there as i want to bring my sponge and get a few rides while im down there. Also if anyone knows of any jobs down that way then let me know. I am looking for reasons to move to Cork and so would appreciate a reason that would justify a move!! ha ha

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 soccfc

there is a facebook group of cork bodyboarders. You'll see a good deal of people on the sponge down in Garretstown but thats out west direction but you'd have good roads from Cobh to the road west via the tunnel or you could take the cross harbour ferry. There are a few decent spots out east that others will fill you in on and of course tramore is not too far away if you fancy that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

If your living in Cobh,then maybe inch in east cork would be good and a few beaches down that way.A lot closer than Garretstown,maybe 20mins from cobh as opposed to 1hr approx or more to Gtown traffic depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

yea im on the facebookpage already and waiting a reply from that. will check out the spots mentioned nxt weekend. Der seems to be more spongers down tht end of the country than up here!!

cheers guys

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 donga_perkins

Can you bodyboard in Cork? I wouldn't have thought the waves down there were good enough. Or are you guys beginners?

Advertisement