Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Landline Broadband..any good?

Options
  • 04-10-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Was wondering if anyone is using Vodafone for their landline broadband?

Looking at their pricing I can get upto 7Mb for €48 a month compared to eircons €61.99 a month.

Was wondering if it was any good?

Only downside I can see is a 12month contract...so far :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Good for me so far since I got it last week, speeds very reliable and consistant any time of day

[URL="[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/582686152.png[/IMG][/URL]"][/url]582686152.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

We only have it for about a month. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robbie_62

Hi Guys,

Just my 2 Cents,Im with BT at the moment at they have sold the Broadband side of the business to Vodafone.

I have had letters from vodafone saying we will be moving across in the next few months.

Im assuming they are just using the same systems\network as what BT were using and they have always been pretty reliable with me,

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll give them a go, save a few quid and get a 7mb package cheaper than eircon! :D

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

What is it like for Xbox live? or is it just repackaged eircon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

just repackaged eircom, i use the 3mb on my xbox and it runs away grand to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Marty09

I recently switched from Eircom Broadband to Vodafone.

I'm getting technical problems every day...the system disconnects and reconnects me every 30mins or so.
    I never had this problem with Eircom.

They changed my wireless router which I think is causing the problem.

Also have tried to reset the wireless settings on the kids Nintendo DS to vodafone and will not accept.

Anyon else experience similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Marty09 wrote: »
    I recently switched from Eircom Broadband to Vodafone.

I'm getting technical problems every day...the system disconnects and reconnects me every 30mins or so.
    I never had this problem with Eircom.

They changed my wireless router which I think is causing the problem.

Also have tried to reset the wireless settings on the kids Nintendo DS to vodafone and will not accept.

Anyon else experience similar issues?

Try switching back to your Netopia router - that worked for me

Thks Homer99

Does this mean I'll need to get back onto Vodafone tech support to do this?

Have found the waiting time a bit slow but when ringing thro'

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Marty09 wrote: »
    Thks Homer99

Does this mean I'll need to get back onto Vodafone tech support to do this?

Have found the waiting time a bit slow but when ringing thro'

:)
    Uhh no, just switch all the cables from your new one back to your old one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭firebug_guy

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone is using Vodafone for their landline broadband?

Looking at their pricing I can get upto 7Mb for €48 a month compared to eircons €61.99 a month.

Was wondering if it was any good?

Only downside I can see is a 12month contract...so far :)

Vodafone are seriously screwing me around... Signed up 30 days ago... Still not connected despite numerous calls, emails etc to them.

Was talking to someone today who said my case was a prioroty and she would personally sort it out and call me back within an hour...

... That was at 11.20am - Its now 5.30pm and I havent heard anything!

They [Vodafone] are driving me cracked! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i am having a problem with the modem all day culminating in it not working at all since about 7pm and i was a few minutes to late to ring the support line as it shuts off at 8pm. the modem(new bewan one) seemed to be powering down all day and now the lights are not even coming on.

has anyone had similar issues? apart from this op i had very few issues with vodafone in the month i have had it.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i am having a problem with the modem all day culminating in it not working at all since about 7pm and i was a few minutes to late to ring the support line as it shuts off at 8pm. the modem(new bewan one) seemed to be powering down all day and now the lights are not even coming on.

has anyone had similar issues? apart from this op i had very few issues with vodafone in the month i have had it.

I called Vodafone today re. my new vodafone modem ( Bewan) giving problems, ( it's kicking me off for 20secs and then reconnecting me)...they said it must be something else causing the problem ...cell phone, other wireless devices, the walls, etc.
    Had a Netopia wireless modem for 2 years with Eircom and no problems, eventually Vodafone recommended I try swithching back to using the Netopia modem. What a waste of a new modem they've just issued!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i use my old modem (netopia) and just change the username and password in the settings, all works grand then.

The bewan yoke is nice to look at but bit fiddly, anyone get 2 wireless networks appearing, one for wep and other with wpa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i got my eircom modem working so will wait for vodafone to replace the bewan modem, they are waiting on stock at the moment and were offering a different zyxel modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 amclellan

Thanks people. I have just switched back to my old Netopia modem.

Hallelujah it works. My weeks of frustration and rage are at an end.:)

Good job I kept it, and the Vodafone letter with the settings on the back.

The Vodafone team are nice but I guess they can't officially admit that the modems they are sending out are fit only for landfill.

Dogpile

is yours still as good now? mine is only:

619305654.png

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

619436904.png

This is my fairly standard speed (pings normally lower)

tho it does drop to about 3meg for a while in the evenings which seems to be a problem all across the board

sorry I'm so dumb - I'm signed up for 3mb (not 7) - how embarrassing. So I guess mine is ok?

Advertisement