Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leeds Vs St.Helens at Old Trafford

Options
  • 04-10-2009 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭

Its the End of the Road! Who will be Champions?????

Its going to be one tough match!

Come on Rhinos!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Somehow i just can't see the Rhinos loosing this, Saints have really just wandered into this final by chance.

*Waits for all this to come back at me when Saints win 48-0*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Well I thought Munster would beat Leinster yesterday so my prediction skills might be a bit rusty!
    My problem is the referees always favourite StHelens.
    It will be a bruising encounter, no doubt about that! I think it will be close, but with the likes of Hall and Burrows playing really well at the min, I think Rhinos might be just a bit too much for the Saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

I thought Burrow was quiet against the Catalans, and I thought we were outgunned in the pack as well. Now I know the Dragons have the biggest pack in SL, and can duff anyone up, but I think leeds will need to raise their game a level or two to take the Saints. They looked ominously good against a spirited Warriors team who left nothing behind in the dressing room...

Any news on Webbs' back injury? If he doesn't make Old Trafford, Long will be rubbing his hands with glee..Also thought Wilkin and Graham were astonishingly good last night...this could be the game of the super league era. One thing's for sure, there'll be no love lost between the two in Manchester next weekend. Who's reffing by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

toomevara wrote: »
    I thought Burrow was quiet against the Catalans, and I thought we were outgunned in the pack as well. Now I know the Dragons have the biggest pack in SL, and can duff anyone up, but I think leeds will need to raise their game a level or two to take the Saints. They looked ominously good against a spirited Warriors team who left nothing behind in the dressing room...

Any news on Webbs' back injury? If he doesn't make Old Trafford, Long will be rubbing his hands with glee..Also thought Wilkin and Graham were astonishingly good last night...this could be the game of the super league era. One thing's for sure, there'll be no love lost between the two in Manchester next weekend. Who's reffing by the way?

Will definitely be a very close game, heading over for it so should be a good long weekend!!!

Have Saints backed to win a few quid so heres hoping.

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I don't mind who wins now, hopefully it will be a good, close game. Whatever happens I hope Sean Long gets a haircut before next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Leeds have the edge for me if they play to their full potential.

In match-ups Leeds have the overall stronger pack, especially if Lauititi is fit. At half-back the Burrow/McGuire appear in better form than Long/Pyce combination, though the Saints are certainly stronger at hooker with Cunningham/Roby having the edge over Diskin, whilst the three-quarters are very evenly-matched.

Whilst Potter seems to have brought an extra steeliness to the Saints defence it does appears to be at the expense of the expansive flair they were always noted for.

The Leeds defence are well able to contain the more conservative Saints offence whilst possessing sufficient attacking armoury to break the Saints solid defensive line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I agree, if Rhinos have all their key players fit (Maguire, Hall, Burrows, Lauititi etc) then Helens will find them hard to stop. Roby is my one worry though.

It will be a great match no matter who wins or looses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

dooferoaks wrote: »
    I don't mind who wins now, hopefully it will be a good, close game. Whatever happens I hope Sean Long gets a haircut before next season.

A ginger rasta, never have we seen the likes.

Tbh if you take out Graham Saints will just collapse, the whole team just works off him.

Advertisement