Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best one I've heard yet.

Options
  • 03-10-2009 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭

My mother just got home and some of the ladies at Bingo with her claimed that they heard on TV that anyone who didn't vote automatically had a yes vote registered. I really, really want a source for this so I can LOL a bit more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

amacachi wrote: »
    My mother just got home and some of the ladies at Bingo with her claimed that they heard on TV that anyone who didn't vote automatically had a yes vote registered. I really, really want a source for this so I can LOL a bit more.

Typical Fallon, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

thats brilliant...thats why we had 56% turnout...because everyone voted automatically :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Typical Fallon, eh?

I've never met a single person with that surname as it happens. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Hilarious. Actually there are a number of posts on this forum describing Cóir canvassers peddling this lie when they went door to door, especially to elderly voters. IIRC one was Tallaght and one was North Dublin. I suppose that doesn't come under scaremongering though, because they probably said "if you don't vote you will be automatically counted as a yes...?"

Advertisement