Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

its bright outside

Options
  • 03-10-2009 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

i was locking the back door and i though i had an outside light on, looked out and its cloudy, not a star in the sky, but its nearly as bright as a rainey day

freaky

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

photos please!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭calchas

thin clouds and a full moon last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i was up with the baby at 4:30, it was still really bright out so took a few pics

think the round thing in the 3rd picture caused the brightness

note the first 2 are 15sec exposures so exagerate a bit

nice orion pic, what was the exposure time?
    roughly where are you, from here (nw co dublin) there would be loads of city glow in some of those shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

calchas wrote: »
    nice orion pic, what was the exposure time?
    roughly where are you, from here (nw co dublin) there would be loads of city glow in some of those shots

thanks

orion shot....

exposure 30secs
    iso 100
    f/3.3

here it is again with the brighness put thru the roof

living about 10 mins form kells

• Advertisement

Maybe I should move out futher in that direction. Or look for a good observing spot towards you.

I think the first version is the better. Given what you have to work with a 300mm or so lens could do some justice to the orion nebular. Especially if you were able to track as well.

Advertisement