Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology help

Options
  • 03-10-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

alri im doin biology through irish , one of the consequences of going to an irish school i know. Thing is the book we have is in english. Was jus wondering if anyone out there knew anywhere i could get a biology book in irsh or any notes out there through irish? (that goes for history aswell if any has them)

Cheers anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

Hi Im a bio teacher through eng and irish so maybe i can help....
    there is no irish book available they are still working on it (10 yeras later and still nothin)..where exactly are you having trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gera

alri thanks for the quick reply. Well my main problem is lets say a question comes up on what is an enzyme. Now i know i know an ezyme inside and out so this question wouldnt be at all difficult , but for phrasing it into irish and still gettin the full marks is a different matter altogether. I ve read all the chapters, downloaded notes , used the an gum dictionary (which is very poor might i add) and still feel my translation isnt good enough. Ive been told examiners like short simple answers , straight to the point. Yet i find that very difficult with translating. Is there anywhere on the internet with at least a few things through irish. People say we're lucky to get bonus marks for irish , but is it worth the chance of learning through irish to get these bonus marks when your facing the dilemma of losing marks for bad phrasing and lack of resources? And people wonder why the language isn't strong.

I had the same problem when I did my LC many moons ago!!! I also checked my inbox and realised I spoke to you about bio not so long ago....
    try www.focal.ie for better translations for words...
    if you want you can pm me what you wanna say and I will translate it asap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gera

oh yeah i remember talking to someone about this. I was meaning to reply to your pm but deleted all my mail and forgot your username. Yeah thanks , Ill let ye know if there's anything I cant translate properly. Cheers again

No problem..thats the only way I can seem to help because there isn a book in irish let alone notes...

• Advertisement
Advertisement