Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McKenna

Options
  • 03-10-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I think Patricia made a very very good point today.

We will all be looking on in hope (ahha) that the jobs promised will actualy be delivered.
    Also us at the heart of europe will materialize - like any laws favourable to us passed or if we ever get an Irish president of Europe.
    Plus will we keep our commissioner past 2014 - as there was no mention of ''permanent''

Otherwise I am wearily happy, as I have backtracked on my last vote and actually voted yes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yes to Jobs = haha you voted Yes, oh you actually believed us?? Well sorry but we just used he tatic the No side used the last time i.e. put lies about and get the vote you want.

Its Politics both sides told lies, the people should have been able to see through them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

True - but as McKenna said they will be looked at very closely now, very closely.

It will nearly finish FF for years and years to come and will damage the other yes parties when it does not materialize

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

True - but as McKenna said they will be looked at very closely now, very closely.

It will nearly finish FF for years and years to come and will damage the other yes parties when it does not materialize

You dont think that not creating jobs would destory FF on its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i thought it was more a case of a Yes vote would help in stablizing the economy - so rather than a yes vote creating new jobs, it would be a vote that would help us keep jobs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im not overly concerned about the lack of connection with Lisbon and Jobs, but I do worry about people who lecture others for a Yes vote (or canvassers for a Yes) not understanding or thinking its all lies.

Sore losers for a lot of the no side tbh. Wonder has all this "publicity" done McKenna more harm then good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

She sounds like nutter most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Elba101 wrote: »
    She sounds like nutter most of the time

+ 1

Isn't she against vaccinations for children because 'it will give them Down's syndrome'? Hope she goes back to whatever hole she crawled from TBH, the unlected crazy nutter she is

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

+ 1

Isn't she against vaccinations for children because 'it will give them Down's syndrome'? Hope she goes back to whatever hole she crawled from TBH, the unlected crazy nutter she is

Here here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Do we honestly need another thread personally bashing those who lead the no campaign, or the yes campaign for that matter? I have no problem with criticism of their views and arguments, but the personal insults really have no place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

i thought it was more a case of a Yes vote would help in stablizing the economy - so rather than a yes vote creating new jobs, it would be a vote that would help us keep jobs.

Yeah, this is how I interpreted it. I've been reading lately how the ECB has been involved with our government and possibly with NAMA, haven't figured out the big picture yet but I don't like what I'm reading so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Yeah, this is how I interpreted it. I've been reading lately how the ECB has been involved with our government and possibly with NAMA, haven't figured out the big picture yet but I don't like what I'm reading so far.

The ECB are covering us, you know that figure of €400 million per week? The ECB are paying it to keep our country afloat. Otherwise we'd all be on ears on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

prinz wrote: »
    The ECB are covering us, you know that figure of €400 million per week? The ECB are paying it to keep our country afloat. Otherwise we'd all be on ears on the street.

I know this. It's the stuff with NAMA. I have some newspaper articles that were interesting torn out to go over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

The YES campaign said our place in Europe(i.e. being seen as pro European Union) would be a major factor in attracting future inward investment into the country, so they were linking a YES vote to attracting new jobs into the country. Its doubtful that a NO vote would have endangered jobs which are already here, as we would have remained within the EU, but it will be interesting to see now how successful we will be at attracting major new foreign investment. I suspect it won't make much difference, as I believe our high cost base and infrastructure difficiencies are more of a deterrent to investment than a NO vote would have been. But hey, all the major political parties, IBEC and most of the trade unions thought that voting YES would mean more jobs, so bring them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I know this. It's the stuff with NAMA. I have some newspaper articles that were interesting torn out to go over again.

The country doesn't have the cash to pay for NAMA, the ECB will front us the money to do it, and you can bet that this means there will be a lot of expert people keeping a very close eye on what FF do with their money/with NAMA. The ECB will be managing the project IMO. FF have had it taken out of their hands in practical terms, and thank God for that.

And Patricia McKenna has done my head in for long enough. Time to take her off the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭RealityCheck

prinz wrote: »

Ah now tis only a percentage ;). What about the new found confidence the markets have in us :o ?

In fairness though we will have to pay it back, at interest. I've no doubt the IMF could match them :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Thought I read in the Tribune that the Commission is keeping an eye on Anglo Irish. They could actually stop NAMA, unlikely, but it could happen.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sorry, it was the Post:
    http://www.thepost.ie/themarket/commission-says-anglo-may-need-to-be-wound-up-44553.html

The Govt. will need to show why Anglo shouldn't be liquidated.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement