Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thom Yorke's New Touring Band

Options
  • 03-10-2009 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Thom Yorke has put together a band to perform his 2006 solo album The Eraser. I must admit its weird seeing Flea jamming alongside him!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭wordofmouth

Who are the other members do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Thoroughly ashamed of how many youtube videos i've watched of the performances. never thought the eraser would sound so good live. that album is back on rotation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

well it beats Paramore...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

:eek: Thom and Nigel are touring The Eraser and I'm only hearing now?

Not sure about Flea... Seems to add a bit too much 'funk' to that version of Harrowdown imo. Really hoped to see the rest of Radiohead play a couple of tracks on the '06 tour. Gonna hit up youtube now to see what the interpretations of The Eraser and Skip Divided are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hickeydp

Loving that. any word if they are coming here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The_Hat

Nonthing yet, I'm keeping an eye out for developments. And by keeping an eye out I mean obsessively checking every few hours. yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Kold wrote: »
    :eek: Thom and Nigel are touring The Eraser and I'm only hearing now?

Not sure about Flea... Seems to add a bit too much 'funk' to that version of Harrowdown imo. Really hoped to see the rest of Radiohead play a couple of tracks on the '06 tour. Gonna hit up youtube now to see what the interpretations of The Eraser and Skip Divided are like.

I think Flea works perfectly here. Brings a certain level of funk/danceability combined with aggression/anger.
    Thom Yorke knows what he's doing.
    This is kinda like an updated version of PiL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SwearImNotPaul

The debut shows were fantastic. Flea really adds something to the Eraser tunes. I wasn't sure if I'd like it at first, but it's grown on me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement