Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Stanley Oisin Boiler Modification

Options
  • 03-10-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi all , I have a Waterford Stanley Oisin solid fuel stove.I wanted to convert it to a back boiler model, I was looking at the back earlier and it seems to have a blanking plug on the top and the bottom.I wonder can these plugs be drilled out and the holes threaded to accept plumbing fittings. Is there any plumbers on here that might have seen this done before ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Just checked out the Oisin Manual on Waterford Stanleys web site and you might be in luck as the manual describes an optional kit for fitting a bolier

A stainless steel saddle boiler is available as an
    optional extra. Fit boiler as follows:
    1. Open fire door (Part No. 21).
    2. Remove fire bars (Part No. 19)
    3. If the stove has already been in service
    thoroughly clean out the combustion chamber.
    4. Remove side bricks (Part No. 13).
    5. Remove back brick (Part No. 14).
    6. Remove top baffle plate (Part No. 15).
    7. Punch out the two boiler tapping blanks on
    the back plate (Part No.7) from the outside
    using a hammer and dolly.
    8. Insert boiler through the fire door (Part No.28).
    9. Screw the two 28mm (1”) flange nuts over
    the boiler connections. (Do not over tighten
    flange nuts).
    10. Replace side bricks (Part No. 13).
    11. Replace fire bars (Part No. 19). (See Fig.8)

- you'll have to check the pdf for the diagram

So give Waterford Stanley a call and see if they can help, they aren't always very helpful but do persist ;) you can't buy direct but they should be able to tell you your nearest dealer who can order the parts for you.

Advertisement