Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescos Selling Vacuum Cleaners - but no bags!

Options
  • 03-10-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

I bought a cheapie Tesco branded vac a while back - works fine does what it's supposed to do. My reasoning was I'd at least be able to buy bags for it without any hassle.
    Went in to my local store the other day where I bought it and couldn't find the bags anywhere (they had them stocked previously)
    I asked one of the staff and I was told "We don't stock them anymore"
    When I asked where I was supposed to get bags I got the usual dopey shrug.
    Stupid thing is - they are still selling the same vac!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Try getting bags for a vac you buy in LIDL (although most of their recent offerings have been bagless vacs). Their Wet and Dry Vac this week doesn't need bags but works better with bags and you get ONE with it and no indication of where to get more. Had to search town to find them. I prefer using the bags as there is less mess emptying the vac and the vacs internal filters last a whole lot longer.

Most of these cheap vacs are generic and if all else fails you can find the bags on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Its a bit silly alright. Have you tried Atlantic homecare? Bags come in various sizes which should be stated either on the bag, the vac, or the documentation which came with the vac, then you should be able to pick them up in a diy store. I always hated having to get bags for vacs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

. I always hated having to get bags for vacs.

try clean the inside of a bagless vac, you'll soon want the handy yoink and bin of the baged one

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Home Appliances

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Is it this one: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-5275.aspx ?

Most bigger stores should have the bags, either the 108 , 208 or 207 bags should fit.

A company in Dublin is the supplier.

other than that: http://www.vacuumcleanerbags.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

I'd be happy enough if there was a note in with the instructions saying bags available from our larger stores or the name and address of a company that can supply the bags but just to sell the vac and not have the bags is just bad practice.

It says we can make money out of selling the vacuum cleaners but we can't make any money selling the bags in our smaller stores so screw the customer. In a store how much room does a vacuum cleaner take up compared with the bags?

If tesco only sell the bags in the bigger stores then why not only sell the vacs in the bigger store?

As for Lidl while I moan about them not having any bags for a vac its not a place I'd expect service other than if you don't like it return it and shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

reusable bags come up now and again in Lidl, Aldi and that other favourite, the 2euro shop. I have one in at the moment. They are actually not bad. (The material they use to make them has improved from the old days.)

Advertisement