Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a Ford/Diesel specislist in Cork or Waterford

Options
  • 03-10-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    I am looking for a good ford or diesel garage in Cork or Waterford. I have a focus tdci 03 and its smoking alot on acceleration and would like to get it fixed once and for all as i think its getting worse now. Anyone no someone reliable and hopefully reasonably priced be great.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭maidhc

It should have got a modified EGR sometime in its life. If it hasn't Ford might do you some favour. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

Check with the Ford main dealer Sheridans on the Cork Road, Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Hi
    Thanks for replies sleepy and maidhc I have already replaced the egr valve inlet manifold assembly at cost of 500 euro which seemed to fix the problem but its back now and its only been a few months. Has anyone used Sheridans in Waterford are they good? Car seems sluggish too and doesnt really get going til 2k revs or so then loads of smoke.
    Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭sleepysniper

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks for replies sleepy and maidhc I have already replaced the egr valve inlet manifold assembly at cost of 500 euro which seemed to fix the problem but its back now and its only been a few months. Has anyone used Sheridans in Waterford are they good? Car seems sluggish too and doesnt really get going til 2k revs or so then loads of smoke.
    Gav

Havent used them myself but Id imagine they'd try their best to solve the problem for you, but you'll probably be paying a good bit for them to fix it for you as their a main dealer, which aint going to be cheap!

Thanks Sleepy for the info. Iv decided to book the car into CAB in cork so they will look at it thursday for me and i will see how much it costs(if can afford repair!!) and will update with how it goes.
    Gavman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Thanks Sleepy for the info. Iv decided to book the car into CAB in cork so they will look at it thursday for me and i will see how much it costs(if can afford repair!!) and will update with how it goes.
    Gavman

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Could be the injecter seals;)

Hi Guys
    So CAB looked at the car this morning. They said that there were a couple of pending fault codes to do with the MAF on the car. They have now cleared them and added injector cleaner to the car. Said to drive it for a week and report back has it improved at all or gotten worse. They will then prob replace the MAF if its not improved by next week. MAF not too expensive anyway are they to fit? I did unplug MAF before however and it didnt seem to make any difference to smoking?? Ill keep updated during the week!
    Gavman

Just as an update on my car. Took it back to CAB motors today and they said the MAF is showing codes again since it was in last week as they cleared them all last week. They are now going to change the MAF tuesday or wednesday when part is in as it is the only codes showing up on car. Hopefully that will be the end of it then!! Fingers crossed. MAF costing 130 and whatever to fit then.

Advertisement